Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kelipoo

Questions about what my Derm put me on

My Derm put me on the following:

Benzaclin in the AM

Differin Gel in the PM

Plexion to wash my face

I have been on this for 6 weeks now. How long is this initial breakout supposed to last? Almost immediately after starting, I started to get little pimples around the mouth area on my cheeks. Like nothing I have ever had before. They are like little whiteheads that go away quickly. They really wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact that I am covered in them! New ones show up constantly. Is this considered the initial breakout? If so, why do I only have them on that small portion of my cheeks and a few on my chin?

Also, my skin seems to be so much more shiney and oily than before. After applying my moisturizer in the AM, my skin becomes an oil slick. I am now having to constantly apply powder to my face to keep it from being shiney.

Thanks for the help guys!

initial breakouts can last a long time. your initial breakout will continue until the shedding of your skin regulates itself on the new medications. you may want to see your dermatologist again about going on an antibiotic like minocycline if you're getting a lot of pustules. give the new treatment time, at least 3 months. they've put you on some great, effective medications. make sure you aren't applying a lot of the differin, you only need about a pea sized amount. and your increase in oiliness is good...you know your skin is responding to the topicals. eventually the oiliness will balance out. you will still get oily, but maybe it's just worse right now because its responding to the new topicals. good luck!