Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rooo

Small pimple leaving a scar?

Hello I suffer of bad acne in my chest but I always have some pimples in my face.

In my face I have 3 scars, they are round and not very deep. They are those scars that when you look them from close distance you really can´t realise which is the part that is the scar and which part healthy tissue.

But these scars were left after cysts that even before leaving a scar I knew they were going to do so because they were really huge.

But lost Monday a pimple appeared in my face. Really ordinary, non threatening and small. I think that I squeezed it a little and that was all. I didn´t even notice it during the week and on last Friday, 4 days after the pimple was born I realize that were I had the pimple (there was a little crust/scab left from the pimple) the skin was slightly depressed. A scar like the others I have but smaller.

Is possible to an ordinary, small pimple to leave a scar?

I´m pretty sure that I didn´t have it previously and also the crust left from the pimple matched the scarring area.

Any ideas?

thanks

happened to me too unfortunately. Usually get's better with time...keep your skin as clear as you can and your acne away by being on a regimen which works for you.

For me I basically took dan's regimen and do something more personalized but with cetaphil and tazorac and occasional spot BP treatments instead of just bp cream..

Guest Timehealsall

Did you pop the pimple?

I have these 2 small pimples on the tip of my nose, but i havent really squeezed or picked at them. The only thing that i have done is when my nose gets flaky, i just use jojoba oil to gently rub off the flakes with my fingers. Could this maybe cause the pimples to scar? Should i stop touching these pimples, even when i use a cleanser? How about towel drying my nose when its wet? Any ideas?

Also, i sometimes might have accidently rubbed these pimples on my nose when blowing my nose with a tissue paper.

My question is, can this cause scarring? My nose does not seem to scar from the pimples i had in the past, but these pimples i have on the tip of my nose, ive had for about 3 weeks now.

Also, regarding your scabs, how did those pimples scab up? Did you pop them? Most pimples dont randomly scab in my experience.

Edited by Timehealsall