Notifications
Clear all

hard sebum?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 08/30/2010 1:41 pm

as title really, i keep getting hard strings of sebum coming out of my pores if i squeeze them..

like on my cheeks i will see a very small bump on a hair folicle (beard hair) and if i squeeze it out its fairly solid stuff that comes out!!>?!

sometimes has a hair in the middle of it. once removed it will leave a redish mark behind for about 3-4 days from where i applied the pressure but at least its "out"

I do get congested skin and its so annoying, cause i also have dry skin not oily.. therefore if i used an exfoliator too much then it wrecks havok on my skin, moisturisers break me out to so I cant combat dryness

why is this happening and what can i do to prevent it.

at the minute i dont have any source of regime, just rinse my face in the shower when I have one.. I discovered over washing makes things worse as does exfoliating or using a moisturiser..

every like 4-5 days i use CLINIQUE facial scrub (contains BHA) and that scrubs all the dead skin and grease off.

i think i may need a really light but effective facial cleaner to use daily.

I do have Paula's choice facial cleanser so i could start using that, trouble is i dont want to wash away all the skins natural oils..

please can anyone help with this? sorry this post is all over the place but it may help a lot of others out there who also suffer with the same problem

MemberMember
(@dreamgirl12)

Posted : 01/11/2011 11:16 pm

as title really, i keep getting hard strings of sebum coming out of my pores if i squeeze them..

like on my cheeks i will see a very small bump on a hair folicle (beard hair) and if i squeeze it out its fairly solid stuff that comes out!!>?!

sometimes has a hair in the middle of it. once removed it will leave a redish mark behind for about 3-4 days from where i applied the pressure but at least its "out"

I do get congested skin and its so annoying, cause i also have dry skin not oily.. therefore if i used an exfoliator too much then it wrecks havok on my skin, moisturisers break me out to so I cant combat dryness

at the minute i dont have any source of regime, just rinse my face in the shower when I have one.. I discovered over washing makes things worse as does exfoliating or using a moisturiser..

every like 4-5 days i use CLINIQUE facial scrub (contains BHA) and that scrubs all the dead skin and grease off.

I do have Paula's choice facial cleanser so i could start using that, trouble is i dont want to wash away all the skins natural oils..

please can anyone help with this? sorry this post is all over the place but it may help a lot of others out there who also suffer with the same problem

Hello I have hard sebum as well, with dry and oily skin. I found some information on internet about causes of hard sebum, and it says that usually normal sebum is made from linoleic acid and if we have imbalance of omega 3 and 6 then our sebaceous glands uses oleic acid which is produces harder sebum.

About your dry skin you can wash it with warm water then with cold and wash with very gentle daily cleanser such as clinigue foam for blemishes but use very, very little of it.

As exfoliator you can use sandalwood powder with jojoba oil or avocado oil rub in circulation motion very, very gently. Use it 3 times a week before washing your face but before using it don't wash your face just cleanse with a tonic ( rose water or other gentle preferably antibacterial tonics)

As a moisturizer use jojoba oil or avocado oil(excess avocado you can remove by soft tissue very gently) or other natural non clogging moisturizers.

You can use after washing your face tonic such as organic and natural rose water or glycerin they want dry your face.

For pimples you can use white toothpaste put little bit ( remember little bit otherwise the paste won't dry and will be less effective) on each but not on all your face, do it every night on inflamed ones, and wipe it off gently with a rose water then wash your face but preferably without any cleanser.

Remember wash your face only 2 times a day.

Take fish oil supplements, eat fish twice a week ( wild salmon is the best as it has omega 3 more); don't eat consume food and oil which is high in polyunsaturated fats to keep balance of omega 3 and 6( instead use olive oil or organic non trans(hydrogenated) coconut oil); eat less unhealthy processed carbohydrates such as white breads and rice, also sweets.

Drink plenty of mineral water, juices(fruits and vegetables).

Eat various foods that are healthy and rich in vitamins and minerals.

Do exercises every day (30 minutes a day).

Don't eat too much foods that are high in saturated fats.

You mustn't eat trans fats as they ruin absorption of omega 3 and 6.

It is possible to get omega 3 from some plant sources( flax seeds, walnuts, canola and others) but if you are deficient in D6D enzyme then plant sources of omegas are useless as you cannot convert their omega 3 without D6 enzyme into DHA and EPA so the best option is the fish oil as you don't need D6D for as it already has DHA and EPA. Omega 6 you can get from borage oil supplements.

Remember balancing your omegas , the ideal balance should be 1:1 omega 3 to omega 6.

I hope it all helps, let me know how are you doing.

MemberMember
(@dreamgirl12)

Posted : 01/11/2011 11:33 pm

Cleansing milk also should be very good it won't dry your skin at all its very gentle.

Do you have a lot of pimple or just hard sebum and whiteheads?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/11/2011 11:52 pm

i wouldnt use jojoba oil if i were you. Since i started using the jojoba oil, i started developing small skin colored bumps on my forehead, and low and behold, hard sebum plugs on my cheeks. (they were at the tip of a hair follicel as well). i dont squeeze the sebum, but sometimes i rub it off (they are easy to rub off) and these sebum plugs leave small holes (some leave red marks too).

Jojoba oil contains oleic acid as well, and i realized that since i have seborrheic dermatitis, the jojoba oil was making shit worst for me. I fucking should not have used it..

MemberMember
(@mkeagen)

Posted : 06/23/2015 9:10 pm

Having the same problem. Has anyone found something that works?