Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
proverbs

is dry skin that unhealthy?

is it absolutely imperative that i use mosturizer after cleansing my skin? i have dry skin but i prefer that over having oil pockets form in my pores, which is what happens regardless of what kind of mosturizer i use.

i am willing to deal w/ dry skin as long as i am assured that it would bring any negative effects in the long-run.

does dry skin promote enlarged pores and wrinkles?

I believe moisturizer is important. I have dry skin. When your skin is overly dry, your glands think they need to produce more oil, thus more breakouts. So, even if you think all moisturizers leave you looking oily, try oil-blotting sheets. They´re great

thanks for your reply.

it's not that my skin gets an oily appearance but that my pores become significantly larger with pockets of sebum within them and later form scars.

but, it makes sense that dry skin would cause the glands to overcompensate. i'm kind of in a catch-22.

i'm also on accutane at the moment and i read somewhere that it was best to let the skin dry out to get the best results.