Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do I do with my face after I go swimming? I need to shower but should i wash my face again? Surely the bp and moisturizer lose its effect so do i do the reimen again? Thanks

You shouldn't need to do the regimen again. The bp and moisturizer won't lose their effectiveness if you put them on a few hours before swimming.

Swimming is really good for killing acne. In fact, it pretty much cured mine. I'd say that you should wash your face after swimming in the pool(Just make sure the soap at the gym is decent, or just bring your own), but you don't need to do the regimen again till your normal time of doing it in the evening. Just make sure that you do your morning routine early enough so that the BP has a few hours on your skin before you go swimming.

If your really determined to kill your acne for good, add swimming daily to your regimen. I started doing this and i really haven't gotten acne since, except for the occasional micropimple here and there.

chlorine in the water, its sole purpose is to kill bacteria in the pool , otherwise people would be infections etc.

it could, just remember ur body is in the water much more than the face

well, i would suggest swimming laps so your face is actually in the water for an extended period of time. obviously just standing around in water that goes up to your chest is going to do nothing for your facial acne. I personally would reccommend 25 to 30 minutes worth of laps per day to cure facial acne, at least that is what has worked for me.