Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
philly #1

What's the best topical treatment

Note: You can list over the counter and prescription.

Mild acne on my face and moderate acne on my back. I have oily skin, so in suggesting what type of topical would be best this might be important.

MY acne is not that bad and i dont feel like taking anitibiotics no more, gives me side effects and it seems it doesn't work that good.

Have you tried BP for the face? If your acne is mild that's the way to go. It helps soak up oil, and dry up zits. Or use BP in the morning and SA at night (SA makes your skin shiny).

As far as the back... your skin is alot thicker there so some something mild like BP won't work. I would try getting a prescription for tazorac since the acne is moderate and like I said it's alot harder because there are so many layers of skin.

Have you tried using a deoterant soap on your back? I had pretty bad acne on my back but safeguard soap cleared it up. It's pretty cheap too. Shower using it twice a day for maximum effectiveness.