Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes a simple soap will also reduce redmarks and keep your face clear. All these cleansers with tons of harsh chemicals though "I" believe makes it worse.

I agree that the majority of the time, harsh chemicals are a no-go. They really just irritate the skin and cause more breakouts, I think. I was a reservist in the Marine Corps and during the 3 months of training, you're not really given a good amount of time to care for your skin so I stuck to a very simple routine and it worked fine. Unfortunately, my acne is hereditary so I do have to use medication to clear up my breakouts. For those of you dealing with scarring or pigmentation, I've mentioned a product from Philosophy a couple of times in other threads called Help Me. It's a nightly retinol treatment. It made my skin so much smoother and my spots are practically gone. The tube runs about 45 bucks but a little goes a long way and you will see awesome results in about a month.

This is a pretty interesting thread. I tried the regimen for the past year in hopes that I would finally get clear skin. I turns out BP was simply making the condition worse. I've since stopped the regimen and corrected the old mistakes I was making when I used to break out (improper shaving techniques, overwashing the skin, touching/picking/popping, etc.) and I've seen a pretty dramatic improvement. It's been three weeks so far of not doing anything and my face is looking better than it has in years.

I know the regimen says it's for "all skin types," but I tend to disagree with this. I personally don't think it's helpful for individuals whose skin is already naturally dry. Just something to think about, I guess.

That has to be from the accutane --- why do you think it's not? Even if you were still breaking out after accutane stopped it doesn't mean that it didn't eventually clear you I don't think. Whatever it is it's awesome and you look great. Hope you're enjoying life and getting out there as much as possible!

Because his acne came back after accutane? (how long was the gap between finishing accutane & starting to water wash?

Really interesting thread man, i'm really tempted to give the whole water routine a go myself. I mean im on Dans rountine, have been for about 2-3 years (Acutane for 5 months aswell) and in all honesty my face hasn't improved that much and i just feel im preventing all the spots when i wanna be clearing my skin.

My face always seems to feel dry eventhough i have fairly oily skin, maybe just maybe its the products/irriation that is causing my acne....

May give this ago.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Okay so I haven't been on here in about 6 months. I just want to keep an update and maybe some motivation/inspiration to yall folks still dealing with 'acne' I still deal with it few zit here and there, but from a year ago to now, it's a 400% better. I've tried Dan's regimen, didn't work. Tried every facewash made it worse. I was on accutane for 6 months, cleared it up a bit, then it came back. So I said "F" it. I started just using water on my face, no harsh chemicals... started drinking lots of water, and eatting "somewhat" better, haha. I'm in the military and we're always out in the field so its hard to use anything real special on my face or keep a regimen, but this water only solution was amazing. I can go forever without washing my face and get no acne, or pimples. Just splash some water on it and drive on. Here's a couple pix... go ahead and respond, maybe I can give some advice for people who want some. Thanks.

(around June 2009)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/scaletta/acneorg1.jpg

(Today, Aug 2010)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/scaletta/acneorg2.jpg

A little over 3 months ago i decided to try this ^

long story short my acne headed underground and i began to get cysts... ewwwww

Wish this method had worked though!!!!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Whoa. Those before and after shots are amazing! I've thought about doing this, but was afraid I'd just get worse. But at this point, I DON'T have anything to lose. I'm gonna try it for a while.

Oh, and good point. I remember when I was about 10 my sister told I'd have to start washing my face with all this junk. And after about a week I got my first breakout, so I guess my cleansers have never done good for me as I thought they have. I have this completely natural organic plant based thing I could use to exfoliate. I'm trying this.

im so glad i stumbled upon this..think im gonna go for it

im just wondering after you sweated from working out and stuff you still just washed it with plain old water??

UPdate: Its been about almost a month since doing this...I have stayed strong...minimal popping of pimples, no looking in the mirror. no touchin face.

My face is the worst its been. Its like highschool all over again. I relapsed tonight and popped a lot of acne.

Before I was on a lot of shit for my regimen and only had like 4-7 pimples max. I now have like 20. And some on my forehead where i usually never breakout.

I want to start washing again with soap, even a bar soap. Anything. But I have came this far.

BUT- My diet has been shit this hole month. Eating tv dinners breakfast lunch and dinner. Fried nuggets and all that. So im thinkin this was a huge reason for all this as well.

Edited by 20andoverit

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.