Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetpotato

To those who've done honey masks

Is there a way to keep it from sliding off your face? I'm doing daily honey masks and leave them on for the night. It usually slips off into my ears etc.

Honey and PLAIN oatmeal always made my face look nice and moisturized> the oatmeal also kind of helps it from just slipping off your face.

I normally just apply the honey in the shower. It drips everywhere, but it still helps, and it doesn't matter in the shower. I tried the overnight mask a couple times and it just suffocated my skin and made it worse.

The RAW honey I use it's runny.Raw honey is more firm and has more nutrients.It gets softer when warmed from the heat of your face,but it shouldn't drip off.

I put water,honey,and clay together to make a face wash...I massage it in to get the blood flowing and I often just leave it there until it dries before washing it off.

Don't put it on overnight.That's messy!

I have done a honey mask one time, and I left it on for about 25 minutes I believe. I don't know how you can sleep with honey all over your face, aren't you afraid of squirming around and getting it all over your bedsheets? Plus, your skin isn't getting hardly any oxygen if you have thick honey on your face for 8 hours at a time. Oxygenating is important :) Luck 2 you.

Edited by Trae Michael

Combining the honey with powdered oatmeal (just pulse regular oatmeal in a blender or spice grinder) will make it stiff enough to stay on your face. You can also Use a very thin layer (rub it in like a cream or lotion), so that there isn't enough excess to run off.

Thanks for the answers. I use active manuka honey which seems to do wonders for my skin. It doesn't seem to prevent acne, but it kills the inflammation and the redness. The skin also heals much faster. I'm willing to change my sheets daily. :)

Will try oatmeal.

I have a way better solution for you boss. Gurantee you will fall in love with it. Organic yogurt, honey, and fresh cut lemon. I use a little plate, mix it up. Leave on for about 10-15'min.

I'll have to look into manuka honey. Currently, I use raw Michigan honey (I like that it's local and I'm supporting my local health food store when I buy it ^_^). Pasteurized honey never did much for my skin, but raw honey does. It produces natural peroxides that help purify the skin, and it helps repair it as well.

Yogurt does help too, although test out the lemon juice first. It always breaks me out, and I know some others have had the same situation. But for others, it can be miracle-worthy. Just proceed with caution.

I just use the natural honey from Wal-Mart. I apply it with a cosmetic sponge and leave it on for about 30 minutes before washing it off. It doesn't run at all. It leaves my skin soft / not oily nor dry :)

Where do you get this Manuka honey from? :think: I would like to try it.

I just use the natural honey from Wal-Mart. I apply it with a cosmetic sponge and leave it on for about 30 minutes before washing it off. It doesn't run at all. It leaves my skin soft / not oily nor dry :)

Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, maybe a big GNC or Trader Joes. Oh wait ur in Texas - HEB Central Market should have it too. It's actually pretty common.

Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, maybe a big GNC or Trader Joes. Oh wait ur in Texas - HEB Central Market should have it too. It's actually pretty common.

lol, thank you :) I wish we had a Trader Joes here that everyone keeps talking about. I'll get some from Whole Foods!

lol, thank you :) I wish we had a Trader Joes here that everyone keeps talking about. I'll get some from Whole Foods!

Make sure you go with quality stuff. It has to say ACTIVE Manuka honey UMF X on it. UMF should be at least 10-20.