Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowphaze

Didn't Stop Accutane After Wisdom Teeth Pulled

So, I was forced last Friday to have my wisdom teeth extracted due to an infection, I was pretty worried because of the general consensus in that Accutane causes slow healing, which I'm on 60mg/day of, 3 months in, was also a little worried about being on amoxicillin and pain meds with accutane.

I didn't stop taking Accutane and I wanted to share that it didn't / isn't interfering with any healing. I went to my follow-up and my oral surgeon actually was pretty surprised and said the sockets/extractions are healing unusually quickly and look very good for just a week later. He said typically after you have 4 wisdom teeth removed it can take 2+ months for healing and tissue to surface over the "holes", He said at this rate it will be healed in a matter of a couple weeks.

It made my day, I was worried my stubbornness to stay on accutane would totally screw me up.

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone needs their wisdom teeth out in the future.

It's quite strange how much more room I have in my mouth lol, it's nice

thank you for sharing! i need my wisdom teeth out within the next couple months and have just started accutane, so this is a comfort. post if anything new develops!

So, I was forced last Friday to have my wisdom teeth extracted due to an infection, I was pretty worried because of the general consensus in that Accutane causes slow healing, which I'm on 60mg/day of, 3 months in, was also a little worried about being on amoxicillin and pain meds with accutane.

I didn't stop taking Accutane and I wanted to share that it didn't / isn't interfering with any healing. I went to my follow-up and my oral surgeon actually was pretty surprised and said the sockets/extractions are healing unusually quickly and look very good for just a week later. He said typically after you have 4 wisdom teeth removed it can take 2+ months for healing and tissue to surface over the "holes", He said at this rate it will be healed in a matter of a couple weeks.

It made my day, I was worried my stubbornness to stay on accutane would totally screw me up.

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone needs their wisdom teeth out in the future.

It's quite strange how much more room I have in my mouth lol, it's nice

...just wanted to add my experience in here....i had three wisdom teeth pulled recently while on accutane. in terms of pain, it took about two weeks for me to completely recover (definitely used all the pain meds prescribed by the oral surgeon!!), but it's doable if you need to get your wisdom teeth out. just be sure to check with your derm first!