Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickOh

Hyperpigmentation help please... tried a lot

Posted

Hi All,

My skin was flawless up until a year ago (I'm 22 now). Since then, I've been suffering from some acne on the cheeks and forehead and accompanying hyperpigmentation (which has been persistent throughout). I've seen absolutely no aesthetic improvement and I'm getting pretty desperate. I'm Asian and relatively tan, which I've heard can exacerbate these issues.

I'm on a pretty intense regimen, which has reduced acne for the most part, though there's still cystic acne on the cheeks. However, outside I look the same if not worse. Here's what the regimen consists of:

Morning:

Non comedogenic cleansing wash

Mandelic acid 15%

Night:

Non comedogenic cleansing wash

Vitamin A

10% BPO

I've attached pictures if anyone can provide insightful feedback or give me a place to go. I'd be happy to answer any questions or provide additional details/anything that would help.

Thanks.

post-136781-1283032085_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032090_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032108_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032115_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032085_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032090_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032108_thumb.jpg

post-136781-1283032115_thumb.jpg

Posted

Can anyone help? I've tried MSM (1500mg) + Vitamin C (1000-1500mg) as well... to no avail so far. Topical treatments for hyperpigmentation as described above.

Posted

My marks look similar to yours. I used mandelic 15% and put a ton on to give myself a peel. It helped a little. Did it a second time yesterday, hopefuly it will heal well. Paula's Choice lightening gel helps a little too, but nothing drastic.

Posted
My marks look similar to yours. I used mandelic 15% and put a ton on to give myself a peel. It helped a little. Did it a second time yesterday, hopefuly it will heal well. Paula's Choice lightening gel helps a little too, but nothing drastic.

Thanks, I have seen a lot of improvement in the past 3 days. Be careful with the mandelic acid, you can cause unsightly acid "burns" if you lather on too much. This is what worked for me:

Chemical peel (from aesthetician)

Shiseido men's moisturizer/toner

Icing (1 min x 3, with 1 min breaks in between)

Jojoba oil after

Morning and night, let me know.

Posted

in your routine you list vitamin A, is that Retin a?