Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violeta

Accutane dosage ...m

i am finally going on accutane (well, if my blood tests come out ok) . The derm. Put me on 40 in the beginning, isn’t this too high ? :blink:

i had really mild, but persistent acne.. i'm 5'2'' and weight about 110lbs and my derm started me at 80mg per day..

I'm 160 lbs and I've been on Accutane for a week now. Currently 40mg/day. Usually if you notice serious sideeffects they'll take down the dose.

ya..i got started at a pretty high dose (8o mg and i weigh 110).. but i haven't had any problems.. the the only side effects that i am really experience are dry lips

and the skin around my nose is dry. other than that i seem to be doing really well with the dose..

The derm. told me to take 40 for the first month and then see if it needs any adjustments. cool.gif

I actually got the pills today but I will not start to take them already. I have to decide if I take them before I go in vacation (27 aug. – 3 sep.) or after, I don’t want to be a B… :silenced: during this time …lol. :mrgreen: