Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreamlify

Super good immune system?

Sorry if i've post at the wrong section, cos i duno where this question is relevant.

I am wondering if there's anybody who ahve this same experience as me.

I hardly gets sick.

Not even when i share drinks or kiss a cold/ flu sick person NOR i caught in rain!!

It's just very hard for me to get sick.

Thus i just cant stand people who are so easily sick.

And this occasion dun just happen once, it's like literally everytime.

I think i've read some where that some people with hormonal messed-up issues tend to have better immune system.

Well i wasnt the least thrilled or honoured about it.

In fact i was devastated.

I rather have the worst cold/ flu from time to time than to have this demoralising outbreak freom eating anything or touching face.

Argh.

Well this just dont makes sense.

It seems my body protect me from cold virus so COMPETENTLY, yet losing at having a "well-structured" skin (small-pores, less oil).

If only my good body immune system can "compensate" some to make my skin being good skin immunity.

Anybody with this experience too?

ps: pardon for the half asking and half ranting. =x

Edited by Dreamlify

good immume system would help. And who gets sick by sharing drinks. I never did...

Hormonal inblances -> better imume system ?? Makes no sence

Btw why cant you stand quicly sick people??

I really dont know about this, on the one hand you would think that a good strong immune system would help fight off acne, but on the other hand acne and especially inflamed acne is an immune system response to a blocked pore which the body misinterprets as a foreign object.

Plus Ive seen countless threads where people say they hardly ever get sick and yet still get acne (seems to be the norm among acne.orgers), and Ive also seen threads where people say their acne gets better when they get sick.

My theory is that when you get sick your immune system is so busy fighting off the cold or virus that it doesnt bother with blocked pores and the like and so acne isnt as bad. And then when the virus or cold is gone, the immune system is back to its old fidgety idle self where its dying for an opportunity for some action, cue the acne.

Ive recently bought some echinacea pills as Ive heard it helps the immune system but Im not sure if I want to try it out.

I don't know, I still get sick like everyone else. It might be because I have Celiac and that affects your immune system. I normally get the flu once a year and then some sort of bronchitis later on. Last year I got H1N1 baaaaad. It's not that it's bigger or scarier than the regular flu, just that those of us under 30 don't have any immunity to it (since the last outbreak was in the 70's) so it affects us worse. I was experiencing strong symptoms still a month later.

Lol, ramble. Sorry.

Your derm should talk to the dozen of healthy people on here who suffer from folliculitis. :rolleyes: I was and still am a very healthy person who rarely gets sick, and yet I suffered from it pretty badly. He might be thinking of a systemic fungal infection. That's when fungus invades your whole body, including your blood and that's a very serious condition that usually only happens to immuno-compromised people.

akko

I read this from http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Pityrospo....html&st=20 and it sounds like real. Dont anyone find this real bad news if it would to be true? It sounds possible isnt it?

i also NEVER get sick. it's true when i was younger i really tried to get sick by walking with shorts and a tshirt with bare foot in the snow for 2 hours but nothing happened. i also thought about this but i didnt see a reason why we have acne (illness) then. maybe we can get rid of little illnesses fast and are therefore acne prone? ...

but i can say that i would give my acne for a cold a week.

It's impossible to get sick from rain or outside cold weather/ it's a proven myth. And this is funny because I also NEVER get sick. In the past 10 years I'd say I've been sick twice. I had perfect attendance in school until 8th grade because of a funeral. Never missed school and now older never miss work. Always healthy. Yet I've had Terrible acne for about 5 years now. It's been on and off. BUT wondering if the vitamin c supplements I have been taking are causing my break outs by making my immune system even stronger...

I never get sick either. I haven't had anything like the flu since junior high and that was decades ago. And I don't know that I've ever had a cold. I might feel a little run down with a sore throat when everyone else is sick, so maybe I do catch something, but my immune system gets right on it.

However, I doubt there's any significance. There's been plenty of threads here full of people saying they are sick all the time.

This is a very interesting theory. I rarely get sick as well and this has been since i was younger. I remember i got a couple of really bad bronchial infections as a kid but that was over like 10+ years. I never got the common cold/flu or anything. I used to get sick regularly when i was a smoker though (sinus infections 1-2 times a year) but as soon as i quit i stopped getting sick and it's been almost 3 years that i have not gotten sick.

The only thing though is i never had acne in hs and i would think if this was the case i would have.

i dont know why anyone would think that because if one has a good immune system they may be prone to acne. i know all my friends rarely ever get sick but they have very good skin. there is no correlation. now there may be a correlation with a good immune system and good skin. thats more believable. or maybe we should just get sick all the time like contract aids then we'll have the best skin ever!!! jesus.

Sorry if i've post at the wrong section, cos i duno where this question is relevant.

I am wondering if there's anybody who ahve this same experience as me.

I hardly gets sick.

Not even when i share drinks or kiss a cold/ flu sick person NOR i caught in rain!!

It's just very hard for me to get sick.

Thus i just cant stand people who are so easily sick.

And this occasion dun just happen once, it's like literally everytime.

I think i've read some where that some people with hormonal messed-up issues tend to have better immune system.

Well i wasnt the least thrilled or honoured about it.

In fact i was devastated.

I rather have the worst cold/ flu from time to time than to have this demoralising outbreak freom eating anything or touching face.

Argh.

Well this just dont makes sense.

It seems my body protect me from cold virus so COMPETENTLY, yet losing at having a "well-structured" skin (small-pores, less oil).

If only my good body immune system can "compensate" some to make my skin being good skin immunity.

Anybody with this experience too?

ps: pardon for the half asking and half ranting. =x

Like, totally! I'm like, the girl who never, ever gets sick, but my skin is like, the worst anyone's ever seen. Plus it kind of annoys me that my brother has a really weak immune system and perfect skin... I totally get it!

Rather old topic to bump up. Oh well.

Not getting colds/flus isn't a marker of a good immune system. Besides in this day and age I highly doubt anyone has a "super good immune system." There are many other factors.

I experienced the same phenomenon when I had acne. I hardly ever got sick. Maybe a minor cold once a year, but nothing major. As I began to balance my body and my acne faded, I started getting sick! I had a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes about a month ago and a few colds before that.

I know I am much healthier now and one logical conclusion I can come up with was that when I wasn’t well and had acne, my body was developing an autoimmune response because of food allergies and an out-of-balance digestive system. In other words, I was too sick to get sick. :P

My immune system was on constant full-alert, which was great on warding off colds and viruses, but terrible for my body.