Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I stopped using all topicals, bp salicylic acid, because I feel as though I have outgrown acne, they create a skin addiction, and are bad chemicals. I am 25. I went a month with washing my face with water only to try and restore it to some balance. Also I weaned off the topicals for about a month prior. While washing my face with water only my forehead became bumpy, and my skin was definitely very oily. I woke up after completing a month of no products with 4 horrible zits on my nose. So, I decided to get a mild cleanser . I bough dr bronners soap because it is natural and I have heard good things. I have been using it twice daily for the last week. My face is a little red and dry after using but that goes away in about an hour. My forehead is definitely less bumpy but everyday a few whiteheads pop up and I got a small cyst on my cheek and it looks like some more whiteheads are on their way. I wonder if this is purging or if I'm having a reaction to the product. Also, the zits are a little more tough then regular whiteheads. If I pop them they become red and angry but usually disappear in a day or two. I don't want to go back to topicals! Ive heard about people breaking out for 6 months when coming off topicals. aIs this purging or is the soap making me break out! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jake

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I stopped using all topicals, bp salicylic acid, because I feel as though I have outgrown acne, they create a skin addiction, and are bad chemicals. I am 25. I went a month with washing my face with water only to try and restore it to some balance. Also I weaned off the topicals for about a month prior. While washing my face with water only my forehead became bumpy, and my skin was definitely very oily. I woke up after completing a month of no products with 4 horrible zits on my nose. So, I decided to get a mild cleanser . I bough dr bronners soap because it is natural and I have heard good things. I have been using it twice daily for the last week. My face is a little red and dry after using but that goes away in about an hour. My forehead is definitely less bumpy but everyday a few whiteheads pop up and I got a small cyst on my cheek and it looks like some more whiteheads are on their way. I wonder if this is purging or if I'm having a reaction to the product. Also, the zits are a little more tough then regular whiteheads. If I pop them they become red and angry but usually disappear in a day or two. I don't want to go back to topicals! Ive heard about people breaking out for 6 months when coming off topicals. aIs this purging or is the soap making me break out! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jake

I know this isn't what you really wanted to hear, but if you break out after stopping all your medicine, maybe you haven't outgrown your acne yet. My dad had acne until his late 20's so I know I'm probably gonna be stuck on topical and antibiotics until at least then :(

But look at it this way, people with oily skin age slower. So when you do finally outgrow your acne you will look great while all those people who never had a zit in their life are in the process of getting wrinkly and old looking :P

But I'm no doctor, nor do I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Lifeless

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Jake

I know this isn't what you really wanted to hear, but if you break out after stopping all your medicine, maybe you haven't outgrown your acne yet. My dad had acne until his late 20's so I know I'm probably gonna be stuck on topical and antibiotics until at least then :(

But look at it this way, people with oily skin age slower. So when you do finally outgrow your acne you will look great while all those people who never had a zit in their life are in the process of getting wrinkly and old looking :P

But I'm no doctor, nor do I know what I'm talking about.

I just feel as though using these products three times a day everyday has made my skin become addicted. I never had a bad acne problem before I used them. Just a few zits. The problems only started once I used these products and tried to stop. I would rather deal with a few zits popping up here and there then being tied down to a regimen and still breaking out. Im just trying tobreak the cycle and see if anyone feels similarly.