Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fred Q

Accutane Results and Relapsing

So I had a pretty interesting thought here, and was wondering what happened to everyone who has FINISHED THEIR FIRST COURSE OF ACCUTANE.

Basically I'm wondering the following things:

Did your....

Acne relapse and your skin resumed its normal oil production?

Acne relapse and your skin was still dry?

Acne stayed in remission and your skin resumed its normal oil production?

Acne stayed in remission and your skin was still dry?

Or did your acne stay in remission until your oil production started ramping up again?

So I had a pretty interesting thought here, and was wondering what happened to everyone who has FINISHED THEIR FIRST COURSE OF ACCUTANE.

Basically I'm wondering the following things:

Did your....

Or did your acne stay in remission until your oil production started ramping up again?

Hi, I completed my course last year and it seemed like my oil production was going back to normal (i.e. very oily) after a few months. But now its 'normal' (not too oily and not too dry). I dont know how that happened but I'm happy to say that I havent had any acne ever since I finished my course! :D

Edited by ocean27

After about 10 months the oil came back to how it was before accutane.

No, acne came back when the oil came back. without oil there is no acne.

Nope, acne only came back with oil production coming back

Nope, dryness went away after about a month off the pills, acne stayed away for about 10 months.

After one year, the acne did relapse slowly. Its oil production definitely increased alot but, to be honest, I never felt that my skin was noticeably greasy before or when my acne was at its worst.

If it is any indication, I did notice my forehead would get 'shiny' about a year after. That would have never happened on accutane.

Definitely prone to dryness despite new breakouts.

I would say that after accutane my skin became more combination.

oil came back about 4 months later, but then definitely got more oily 2 years later (and then acne started to come back month by month) Going to start my second course next month..

When people do second courses, is the accutane from the first course cumulative? Like maybe the second course will be shorter or not as high dosage?

My oil came back a couple months after I finished my course. A much milder from of my acne came back a couple months after the oil did. I've been off Accutane for about 6 months now and have had oily skin and very mild acne since about 4 months post-Accutane. I was completely clear for the last 3 months of my 4 month course.

I want to say my skin is oilier than it was pre-Accutane, but it might be partly because I never moisturized before Accutane, but I have continued moisturizing (with Cerave) since I finished my course.