Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefighter123

Has this happened to anybody else?

the first time i started using the on the spot acne treatment (w/2.5% BP) it worked really well. it was starting to clear me up. but after a few days (4 or 5) my acne started to get slightly WORSE. has this happened to anybody else? and do any of you guys know why this happend? please help me THANK U....

*I just CANT get rid of this acne AHHHHH!!! :angry:

:wall:

Are you exfoliating and moisturising with the BP?

Sometimes when you dry the skin out too much (at least for me), new pimples form just because the oil can't get out.

So, I make sure to use a Salicylic acid wash in the am (I like Clean & Clear Blackhead Cleanser, although there are a ton of them out there now) and actually use 2 different moisturisers on top of that. The SA helps unclog the pores. I don't use BP every day, but if you do, wash with the SA first.......let dry.....then rub the BP into your pores.

Don't use a moisturiser with SA in it though if you are on the regimen.......there are some good sunscreen/moisturiser combos out there (Neutragena Ultra Sheer SPF 15 has been getting great reviews by both people who use it and professionals who have reviewed it).

Good luck!