Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
postfetalphase

Colored contacts

Anyone here wear colored contacts? If so, what brand and color do you wear? What all have you tried and which is your favorite? Please include information about your eye color, too. Also, feel free to post pics!

I'll start out. My natural eyecolor is dark brown and I have worn Expressions green and gray, Freshlook Opaques in violet, and Freshlook Radiance in autumn I believe it was. The most striking, and my favorite, thus far was the Expressions in green. pic!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/luv...pinkhair2-1.jpg

Edited by postfetalphase

Oh god, I wore blue contacts for a period of my fashion life i'd rather forget.. I could have pulled them off if i was a little lighter skinned, because many north indian/persian/pakistani/iranian have genetically colored eyes - most often green, but blue as well. But being South Indian, I just managed to make myself look like nightcrawler (literally, thats the comment i'd get repeatedly).

I think I have a pair of Freshlook Opaques in green. I have this itch to get new ones but I'm not sure if I will. They make me feel really superficial because I think light eyes are admired by so many that I'm being a traitor by changing my dark ones lol. Though technically mine are a really dark hazel/green....

For me, it's not really about not being happy with what I was given, though, but a matter of being bored and doing something different. I play with my hair styles and color and personal style a lot and colored contacts are just another way of doing that.

If I end up buying more I want to try a new brand because the Freshlook ones were really uncomfortable

The last time I tried colored contacts it was 15 years ago. I got the kind that were just tinted. I have green eyes naturally. The blue and violet tinted ones just made my eyes look dull. The green tinted ones made my eyes look intense green and I always got comments on it and it made me feel weird--like I was lying to people. I don't know why since I dye my hair too. Anyway, I didn't like that feeling so I quit wearing them. My eye color is unique enough as it is.

I'm a fan of circle lenses, coloured contacts from Japan and Korea.

Some circle lenses are just regular coloured contacts, but some have a unique feature where the colouration extands beyond the natural iris, giving you a larger appearing eye. Some are very subtle, and some are massively enlarging. (some girls really like a cute dolly-eyed look, some just look like aliens)

My current lenses are GEO's Angel Colour Green

If this shows up correctly (No, that isn't me) The lenses are quite green, but since I have very dark brown eyes, it's not too strange looking. There is a thick dark limbal ring which gives a fair amount of eye enlargement.

Wrong picture, but still here to avoid confusion

EDIT: I am dumb and made a mistake with the picture. The lens shown here isn't NEO Cosmo's 4-tone Lucky Clover Grey, it's NEO Cosmo's 4-tone Queen Grey. They're very similar, and produced by the same company, but a different series. I apologise for the mixup.

Actual Lucky Clover Grey

These don't enlarge my eye at all, but really lighten my eyes, making them a pretty convincing grey.

And yes, it is illegal to purchase contact lenses if you don't have a prescription in the US, but I live in Canada, so I can order mine online.

Edited by omi
I'm a fan of circle lenses, coloured contacts from Japan and Korea.

Some circle lenses are just regular coloured contacts, but some have a unique feature where the colouration extands beyond the natural iris, giving you a larger appearing eye. Some are very subtle, and some are massively enlarging. (some girls really like a cute dolly-eyed look, some just look like aliens)

My current lenses are GEO's Angel Colour Green

If this shows up correctly (No, that isn't me) The lenses are quite green, but since I have very dark brown eyes, it's not too strange looking. There is a thick dark limbal ring which gives a fair amount of eye enlargement.

And NEO Cosmo 4-tone Lucky Clover Grey

These don't enlarge my eye at all, but really lighten my eyes, making them a pretty convincing grey.

And yes, it is illegal to purchase contact lenses if you don't have a prescription in the US, but I live in Canada, so I can order mine online.

I love the gray ones. Where did you purchase them? Can you send me a link?

I used to wear a color called amethyst. But I can no longer wear colored lenses as none are made to correct for my degree of myopia, presbyopia, and astigmatism. :( I tried a few years ago and the ophthalmologist wouldn't give them to me, even at the highest prescription possible as they still wouldn't correct my vision enough for him to legally prescribe them to me. Poo!

My eyes are naturally bright blue. I get asked anyway if I'm wearing colored lenses. So that's cool!

I haven't tried contact lenses. I'd like to one day though! I've always wanted to know what I'd look like with brown or green eyes. I quite like my natural eye color though. They're light blue, and I've gotten a few comments on them before, so I'm in no rush to change it :)

I don't wear contacts, but I have a friend who wears red colored contacts. His eyes are naturally a medium brown, and the red creates a "ring" around his entire eye and makes it look super creepy. Cool, but still creepy...