Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

A theory on popping zitz

Alright ive read that the white pus in a whitehead is actually white bloodcells rushing to the area to destroy the bad bacteria. So essentially, its better to not pop a zit for a couple of reasons.. 1. Less chance of scarring, and 2. you allow the white bloodcells to do their job and destroy the bad bacteria.

Also, alot of people talk about trying to bring cysts and stuff to a head.. i disagree with this.

I think its much better to use cold compresses and various spot treatments to make the cyst SHRINK back INTO the skin, instead of bringing it up and out in order to squeeze it or whatever you do. Reason being, if its not at a head that means the white blood cells are DEEP down in the skin, where the bacteria is, so bringing it to a head is counterproductive because your just bringing the whiteblood cells up and out and expunging them.

So its better to NOT pop, and NOT bring cysts etc to a head.

But i could be wrong.

Guest murray

Where did you read this? Have you got a link?

whiteheads do not scar unless you pop them before their contents is sent to the top. they usually leave blemishes then disappear, I think pus contains whiteblood cell, dead bacteria and dead skin cells.

Your right, puss you see in a white head is white blood cells, but they are dead white blood cells (where your white blood cells lost the fight against the bacteria).

so is it ok to pop the puss out once it has reached the surface or is it still best to leave it alone? Lately I have told myself not to touch them, but it seems like it is taking forever for them to go away. Any thoughts?

sometimes i think you have to pop a pimple for it to heal...

and im talking about pustules... the red tender ones...

just let it mature into a head and then prick open the skin and gently squeeze all that hard shit out... for me its like a big column of white chunk... after that...the red tender bump is gone and i know all it can do now is heal

i need to get all of it out, or else it will just form back into a head

Your right, puss you see in a white head is white blood cells, but they are dead white blood cells (where your white blood cells lost the fight against the bacteria).

I don't think anyone pops red cysts that haven't come up yet anyway. but i agree cold compress is a MUST when u first start noticing the spot, this way it won't become bigger than it is, and won't leave a deep red mark like they usually do

In my opinion, if a zit has come to the point where you can see the puss, it will heal quicker if you pop it. If its just red with no white head, or feels like a cyst, from personal experience popping it just leads to either a bigger zit or something more red and swollen that takes longer to heal.

A white head that isn't popped usually takes several days, maybe even more then a week to go away. If I do pop it, it usually heals in a day or two, maybe three. Puss in a zit will eventually go away because it is used as a food for the rest of the cells in the body, but it takes a while to get eaten.

screw that.

pop the whiteheads and swab hydrogen peroxide on the wound.

they will heal fast and leave no scar.