Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really could do with some advice. Im using products that ive spent a long time researching and ive been using them for a while but i keep getting blocked pores.

Im using...

Dermalogica Special Gel Cleanser

Neutrogena Norweign Forumla Moisturiser

Eucerin Moisturizer

I keep things very simple. I use the Neutrogena moisturiser in the morning and Eucerin moisturiser on the night.

I also apply olive oil to my face before i have a wash. Ive tried manyyy times to wash without the olive oil but my face gets really irritated without it. I know it could be this blocking my pores but its on for such a short amount of time i cant see how it can make things worse

Ive tried BHAs/AHAs in the past and they seem to have made things worse, any ideas?

I was thinking of going to the GP and asking to get sent to a Dermatologist but im not sure what theyd be able to do.

Has anybody been to a UK derm, and if you have did they give you a recommended cleanser/moisturiser?

Sorry for the long post...

Ive tried manually, and steaming agesss ago but the pore seem to be closed up so not all the stuff comes out easily. Thanks for the reply

try using something that less irritating on your face. it could be your gel cleanser

hmm I did think that. Ive tried Cetaphil etc etc in the past but always broken out, this is the only one that doesnt irritate but i have a feeling there could be one a bit better.

I thought about the Eucerin cleanser, it isnt medicated or anything just claims to wash away dirt, perhaps thats what i need? a really basic cleanser