Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rebelgurl

Mild/Moderate Acne and Accutane

Yes, blah I know its for severe acne... I've had two dermatologists and a family doctor recommend it to me though

My acne is stubborn. I've been through the BP, SA, Differen, Tazorac, Adoxa (?sp), Minocycline, BC, ect, ect. Nothing works. Now I'm even getting a few stubborn cysts. I've had mild scarring.

But anyways back to my question has anyone with mild to moderate acne gone on accutane? Did you have an initial breakout? What dose were you on? How long did your treatment last? How long did it take to see results?

Contact wearers? Did you cease and desist in wearing them?

Girls did your hair get horrible like I've heard it can?

Thanks!

I have exactly the same question. Although my acne is moderate (mild from time to time) , i've tried a lot of stuff and nothing works. Now i'm considering accutane. Although a derm probably wont give it to me.

I dont have a lot of "deep" pimples, like cysts and big red spots, but i have like 3-4 little whiteheads which pop up every morning. They arent very big but i still hate them. Nothing seems to work. I have to pop them (cant go out with that) so i end with a lot of red spots. Does anyone think accutane will work against this???

I have mild acne too but I am fighting it for more then 4-5 years so today I asked for accutane and for my surprise, the derm. told me “yes, of course !! “ :wink:

Im on accutane and my acne wasnt severe at all. Id never had a cyst or anything like that. If nothing else works then do accutane. I really reccomend it.

My hair didnt thin at all, it did get a little dry though but your whole body gets a little dry so I wasnt suprised.

I dont know about contacts because I dont wear them but I imagine you'd have trouble wearing them because in the later months your eyes tend to get dry but with some eye drops my eyes are perfectly okay.

any other questions?

NO OFFENSE: DO YOU KNOW THE DAMAGE YOU'RE DOING TO YOUR BODY.??? I HAVE SEVERE ACNE AND I WON'T GO ON ACCUTANE. ALTHOUGH I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE, WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS?

MAYBE I'LL SHUT UP. IT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS. I REALLY HOPE IT ALL WORKS FOR YOU smile.gif

GO, no offense but is your capslock key broken or something? it really makes me want to stab you in the face D=