Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asho

Do dermatologist Help

i went to dermatologist for my face and body acne... he gave me some cream and medicines which are somewhat costly... and he says that it will take 6 months to completely get rid of acne... now my doubt is..

1. Do those creams and medicines really work ??

2. If it work and if i discontinue the medicine... do i get acne back ??

Thank you

ashok

They may or may not. You will never know until you try.Sad,isn't it?

Retinoids(retin-a,differin) grouped with an antibiotic are usually prescribed and they do help a lot of people.They are certainly worth a try. Also,go to the prescription companies website and you might find rebates.

1. Sure, to an extent

2. In my experience, yes. It made it way worse and made my skin very sensitive. See the face is very thick, so these creams act like a peel and make your skin super thin to be able to fight the bacteria. But the question is how once you have stopped is your skin supposed to fight breakouts by themselves being so thin now?

If you can not find a way around prescriptions at least only apply once a day and no more.

i am doing Dan regimen for past 3 months and maintaining a good diet... now my have less acne... but sometime i get lots when i eat too much of oily food...

and also my skin is too dry, reddish, and when see closer my skin seems cracked and it is peeling off... and also i have 100's of body acne... i can't follow Dan's regimen on body acne...

so Dan regimen is working somewhat... if my skin becomes too bad, then i may stop dan's regimen...

If i stop Dan regimen then there is no other go.. the only thing i can do is, see a Dermatologist...

Having dry and cracked skin is never good.making sure you're not overdoing the medicines and are properly moisturizing.

I'm sorry you also suffer with body acne.I hear hot salt baths feel really good on those.

Having dry and cracked skin is never good.making sure you're not overdoing the medicines and are properly moisturizing.

I'm sorry you also suffer with body acne.I hear hot salt baths feel really good on those.

i am applying very small amount of BP on non-acne area and i am applying moisturizer... when i look closer i see lots of cracks..

Everything my DERM ever gave me has just either worked for like a month then stopped, or made my skin worse. In my eyes looking back through it all, it was all just a big waste of time and money.

Heal your acne the natural way. Good diet, vitamins, exercise, and finding a topical that works for you.

For me probiotics, a lot of vitamins, and a yogurt mask have cleared me more then ANYTHING the derm or doctor gave me.

Everything my DERM ever gave me has just either worked for like a month then stopped, or made my skin worse. In my eyes looking back through it all, it was all just a big waste of time and money.

Heal your acne the natural way. Good diet, vitamins, exercise, and finding a topical that works for you.

For me probiotics, a lot of vitamins, and a yogurt mask have cleared me more then ANYTHING the derm or doctor gave me.

good diet is the best... but it is very difficult to maintain good diet..

i daily evening take 2 apples, grapes, lime juice, sometimes coconut water... these are very great for acne... but if i do this daily i get cold and fever... so maintaing a good diet is very difficult,, i want to search someother way to get rid of my acne.