Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manfal

Wash cloth has prevented about 90% of my acne.

Hey all!

I've been around these boards on and off for the past couple of years, I've had acne on the sides of my face for about 4 years now (it's frustrating). I've really done a TON of things to prevent acne from the derm (three times) baking soda or egg stuff and gentle soaps to only using water. Well here's the thing.... No one else in my fam has acne. And this made me think...Why don't they have acne? Well what they do is they actually wash their face! With a wash cloth.

I started to wash my face at night only with a washcloth and no soap (bar soaps are garbage) and my skin felt and looked a lot better. In the morningI just use water or don't even wash my face (i don't have oily skin). I've actually stopped getting acne when I do this in moderation. Just like most things in life, do things in moderation. Exfoliation isn't to be done everyday. I started out oding it everyday and my skin began to clear up and then broke out a little due to irritation. SO now every couple of days.

Here's my reasoning why this works:

I used to be able to rub dead skin off my face. Obviously a sign that the gentle cleansers i'm using aint doin there job. No longer have this issue. :clap:

I'm a guy and my pores are pretty big. This should of been a no brainer from the get-go for me. But all that dead skin plus large pores=BAD.

Without the soap it's pretty gentle for a wash cloth. The soap plus the wash cloth I think would be kind of overdoing it but I feel just in general 2-3 times a week at night is great. Don't overdo it.

Here are some fillers that I obviously should tell you.

-I use a gentle cleanser or just water the days that are in between. I don't fret too much over this.

-My skin isn't oily.

-I change wash cloths everytime I do this. Don't use the same one.

-Try not to pick at my face. If I touch a pimple another will pop up in that same day right beside it. Pretty impressive stuff lol.

Some advice

Exercise. Run. Bike. Row. For petes sake chase after a car. Exercise is good for you anyways but I've been doing this and it has had small improvements on my skin. Maybe yours will be big? I dunno.

Drink lots of water. Has only done good things for me.

But that's all folks. Shoot back with questions. I ain't a pro at this wash cloth stuff but I just know from my experience. Skin looks healthy.

Thanks for bringing this up. I may give it a go on my sides of my chin (only place I get it now). How are you careful at not going over zits and opening them?

I also heard using a loofah is a very effective way to get the grime off.

Check this clip out:

Edited by floatingrhythm

Hey no problem!

Yeah I'm pretty careful. I definitely don't recommend going to town on them haha. But yeah, I'm definitely gentle about it because I don't want stuff getting aggravated. Thanks for the reply.

And I'll check that clip out.

I use my bath towel that I use for the week to pat down my face. I'm sure it does not matter what you use. I tried the diet thing - no sugar, no carbs, fruits - does not matter. I now believe diet has nothing to do with it. Im just sticking with the regime - BP + AHA + mosterizer 2x daily. Working for me. All the other stuff - diet/wash clothes/excercise--etc does not matter atleast for me.

I use my bath towel that I use for the week to pat down my face. I'm sure it does not matter what you use. I tried the diet thing - no sugar, no carbs, fruits - does not matter. I now believe diet has nothing to do with it. Im just sticking with the regime - BP + AHA + mosterizer 2x daily. Working for me. All the other stuff - diet/wash clothes/excercise--etc does not matter atleast for me.

I think everyone's skin and body are different. What works for me may not work for others. I know for me changing my diet and my skincare products to natural/organic stuff has helped tremendously.

Yeah I also recently just found out that less is more apparently. I had been using 4-8 different products on my face and this was why I kept breaking out, and I would just apply more and more as it got worse. I stopped most of it and now I am only using 4-5 of these items and in MODERATION, and have saw a great improvement. Went from moderate to mild in about 3-4 weeks.