Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Micha242

Starting the Regimen today

Hi guys. I'm new here and I just started the regimen tonight. I read up on it a few months ago but never started it but now I've decided it's time. I'm a 16 year old girl. My acne started probably around 13 or so but it was very mild. It's gotten worse and worse and now I'd describe it as moderate I guess but to me it seems a LOT worse than that.

My mom got me Nature's Cure a few months ago. That messed me up and made my whole forehead break out and now it won't go away. Also I never got pimples on my cheeks and lately I have been and they look awful. I also try and pop my pimples even thought I know I shouldn't and that makes my face look worse. I think I'm starting to scar. I'm gonna give the regimen a go and if that doesn't work then I'll go see a derm.

Acne just makes me so sad. I want to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about covering up my face. I hate going to the bathroom in the morning and seeing what new pimples have formed.

The question I have is am I supposed to leave the bp on all day until the night when I wash my face and put more bp on? I can't do that because it shows in some lights. Also when applying to certain areas do I apply it in layers or in one big clump and rub it in a little? Thanks for the help! Sorry this is so long!

-Micha

Well I don't know if they're considered scars but there are red marks where the pimple was. It's not the type of scar that leaves an indent in your face. There's only a couple of red marks now but I'm afraid it's gonna get worse.

Yup, the BP should be on your face 24/7. It shouldn't show if you blend it properly. if you get Dan's gel it absorbs better than On-The-Spot and is less likely to leave a residue (as well as being cheaper!)

Edit: forgot to mention, you are describing red marks, not scars. They should disappear in a few weeks to months. After a few weeks on the regimen, you can add an AHA moisturiser for extra exfoliation - that may make them disappear faster.

hi micha im 16 too...

good look trying the regimen.....just make sure u stick to it

(didnt work for me sad.gif)

Leave the BP on 24/7 for best results, but if you REALLY can't use it in the morning, buy a BP face wash for the morning (try 10%) and leave the foam on for about 2 mins before you wash it off, the moisturise, apply make-up whatever.

All the best

I started on the BP myself recently, but i only use it at night, for fear that my face would become to irritated. As a matter a fact, I use Cetaphil bar soap, but i'm not even using a moisturizer. I considered doing this for a few weeks, and if i don't get results like i'd want i'd crank it up to 24/7, and when that happens i'll get a moisturizer to block the sun.