Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weirdlogic

LET IT BE? may be the solution

So I have been away from this website for a while. Hi

Main reason being I was sorta testing out my new hypothesis.

---If I don't do all the "curing" for my skin then my skin will heal itself (eventually)

I used to put shit load of things on my face, heck I even used to scrape my face with my nails to get rid of the "gunk" from my pores (SCREAM) well obviously I've become more educated since then!!

I've read that by putting all the STUFF (whether it be constant moisturizing, cleansing, ointments, etc) on your skin it'll only make your skin "thinner" , meaning WORSE.

so in order to build a healthy thick skin I have to do as little as possible to scrape off the top layer of my skin (does this make any sense?) and not cause any damage to the newer skin growing underneath. well I have acne still and I guess some people may call it mild but I think it's moderate. I hate it.

I don't know for sure if my skin is getting better from not doing much to it (meaning just washing it with a very gentle mild cleanser (contains no paraben, perfume, preservatives etc) and letting my skin be afterwards. In the morning I just rinse off the night sweat with water. (ew) If I sweat then I just rinse my face very quickly with water, esp in the summer.

I hate that I am a girl and I have to be so freaking self conscious about my skin. For god's sake it's just skin right? I wish I could say who the f--k cares. well mostly everyone does unfortunately:/ and every time I see a shiny surface I HAVE to look at it to see if I've developed any new pimples...not because I'm so damn narcissistic.

So is it really the right thing to do? I mean if you think about the people in remote places where they don't religiously wash their faces and obsessively put beauty products on, they have really nice skin! Or some of my friends who have beautiful skin and they really don't do anything to their skin... So my question is. maybe we're being manipulated by the media and being brainwashed to believe that we need to BUY and PUT all these shit on our skin because that is the "right" thing to do and since everyone else is doing it we think, oh shit I gotta do that to. when in truth we really don't need any of that??? our skin can just take care of itself?

My long rant is over. but basically I'm going to see if I can just not do much and get away with it and somehow control my acne...

anyone else care to join me for the "adventure"?

PS I generally eat quite healthy (am not a vegetarian but could be) and try to exercise... run/do yoga. but not as often as I should... and of course sleep is important but I'm an insomniac.

Edited by porque

Basically this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/caveman-r...en-t214162.html

Plenty of people here have had the best results just not doing ANYTHING to their face. I've been doing it for abit over 2 weeks and have seen great changes, going from about 15 spots (about 6-7 cysts) to about 3 active small spots and the rest are just red marks.

I eat clean, weight train 3 times a week and dont wash my face AT ALL, not even after sweating, and I dont put anything on my face and my skin is looking better every day.

Dont work for me..Everytime I quit this regime, bamm,.breakouts after few weeks of doing nothing. I dont think the 'do nothing' plan will work for most. If you had clear skin to begin with, it will. If you never had clear skin, you will have to do something always.

Ah that's great news! well I guess if I didn't have to go out as much, I would totally commit to not washing my face AT ALL but my face DOES get oil and I can'T stand having so much oil on my face... and I get really insecure about my skin because almost everyone I know has really good skin! at least normal skin :/

So school starts soon and I don't know if I can keep up with the complete cavemen regimen.

my skin is breaking out now so I just dabbed some benzoyl peroxide all over my face ... err not sure if that's smart... but I was really annoyed... ;/

Basically this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/caveman-r...en-t214162.html

Plenty of people here have had the best results just not doing ANYTHING to their face. I've been doing it for abit over 2 weeks and have seen great changes, going from about 15 spots (about 6-7 cysts) to about 3 active small spots and the rest are just red marks.

I eat clean, weight train 3 times a week and dont wash my face AT ALL, not even after sweating, and I dont put anything on my face and my skin is looking better every day.

Hmm! I don't know man I sort of understand you as well. I've "sort of" (kinda half assed) tried it before and it didn't really do much. my skin at the moment is rather bump and I get small bumpy acne all over my face. a lot on my forehead and around my cheeks and mouth.

pretty much everywhere!!!

I've had clear skin when I was younger and the reason why my skin got so BAD was because I did too much to my skin ;/ I am so regretting this and paying the price for that NOW

Dont work for me..Everytime I quit this regime, bamm,.breakouts after few weeks of doing nothing. I dont think the 'do nothing' plan will work for most. If you had clear skin to begin with, it will. If you never had clear skin, you will have to do something always.

Hmmm :/ I'm just sick of putting stuff on my face... I really don't think it's helping me out in the long run. For instance if I go on birth control pills or something I'm really worried about what will happen if I go off of it or the side effects....

can be quite serious.

and I think I have internal problems too. I've been having lower abdomen pain for a while now and I get many hormonal problems... like hot flashes etc but I've gotten everything checked and I seem to be ok??

and I don't have any menstrual problems...so I have no idea what's going on !! AHHH DIE PIMPLES

I have used only water on my face for last 3 years or so. I have never really used much chemicals on my skin as I noticed they simply didn't help at all. I have also tried not washing at all.

Didn't clear my skin though because my acne is connected to internal problems.

What people dont realise is that breaking out when you start something like this is part of the healing process, too many people start to break out and then stop what their doing, only to say after "it doesnt work". You have to go through this phase before things get better, and I can tell you first hand this is true, considering a couple weeks ago when I started my face was EASILY at the worst its ever been, and now its looking better than it has in MANY years.

The whole "caveman regimen" thing only works if your acne is caused by external sources - i.e. using topical solutions that your skin cannot tolerate. If you discover that it's these external reasons that your skin is breaking out, then I'd say it's definitely worth it.

However, not washing your face is not going to clear up your hormonal acne.

I guess you're all correct. I'm not 100% sure if mine is hormonal or external so I'll just give it a try...

my skin looks like this at the moment...

post-114936-1282630393_thumb.jpg forehead with little bumps few whiteheads mainly skin colored

post-114936-1282630380_thumb.jpg right cheek, kinda bad at the moment

post-114936-1282630401_thumb.jpg left cheek, I popped a pimple at the bottom... it was really white and couldn't resist...

PS I'm about to get my period I think

post-114936-1282630392_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1282630380_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1282630392_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1282630393_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1282630401_thumb.jpg

Edited by porque

I tried doing absolutely nothing but wash breifly with water for about three weeks, I was seeing positive results and my skin felt much less irriated. I kind of wish that I could of seen how it played out, because my mom went behind my back and got a prescription from my doctor for some things, and those have now worked to.