Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hush

Minocin and BenzaClin

Hi,

I have mild acne from a recent break out and I had used accutane long time ago and stopped using it when i was clear.

I have been using Vitamin A acid Cream .025% for about 7 weeks now and it hasn't done much at all.

I went to see a dermatologist today and he gave me Minocin 100mg pills once per day and BenzaClin.

I also have scarring on my cheeks and forehead that look like dark spots.

I have a bottle of Murad age spot and pigment gel that I have not used yet.

Has anyone tried any of these drugs/products?

can you tell me how well and fast they work and will BenzaClin get rid of scaring?

and what side effects you had?

Thanks

Benzaclin will clear you up (well, not necessarily because everybody responds to different treatments) but it won't help with scars. It's a combination of 5% BP and 2% clindamycin. The two ingredients work synergistically so it's better than using either alone. It will probably take awhile to start seeing improvement and you might have to experiment with different cleansers. I didn't have much luck with Benzaclin until I started using Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub as my cleanser. I'd recommend you start out with something gentle like Cetaphil liquid cleanser in the beginning, until your face acclimates to the prescriptions. If you've never used a BP product before, you might get red and itchy with dry, flaky skin, but if you moisturize every day, your skin will get used to it.

thanks

i use clean & clear acne control cleanser that had BP in it,

and i have used PanOxyl in the past.

anyone know where i could find info on minocin?