Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misskprincess

tinted moisturizers! i need opinions.

ive never used a tinted moisturizer, does anyone know any good ones? like REALLY good? i dont want to waste my money. & im about to get on the regimen soon. i want to be sure it wont make me breakout. & i would love something that would help the overall look of my skin. i was thinking of using the new aveeno tinted moisturizer but i read online alot of bad reviews.

could anyone please help me?

& also id love some help on other foundation choices. i use revlon colorstay now, but i just hate! how hard it is to get it completely off! i could wash my face TWICE and its still there! any ideas for makeup removal thats good to get makeup off well? i used to use baby wipes w. aloe. i need medium coverage at least & obviously something good for the skin, im thinking of using makeup forever HD foundation. ive seen GREAT reviews and always wanted to try it.

give me some ideas pleaseee (:

Unfortunately tinted moisturisers, like foundations, have lots of mixed opinions because everyone's skin reacts to them differently.

Have you tried checking out MakeupAlley? There's a wealth of great information there. Here's a link to the tinted moisturiser section. You can view reviews by the product's rating, number of reviews, etc just by clicking on the corresponding links.

However, if you want medium coverage (or more), they might not be for you... many are quite sheer. At most, the coverage would be light-medium.

The best way to get off long-lasting foundations like ColorStay is by using an oil. Here's the fourm's "Makeup Removal Research" thread.

If you find that too much of a hassle you have another option: Mineral foundations. There are lots of different brands out there for your to choose. I use Silk Naturals. Meow Cosmetics also seems to me popular on this board. :)

You have many options! Hopefully you will find something that suits you best. :D

Unfortunately tinted moisturisers, like foundations, have lots of mixed opinions because everyone's skin reacts to them differently.

Have you tried checking out MakeupAlley? There's a wealth of great information there. . You can view reviews by the product's rating, number of reviews, etc just by clicking on the corresponding links.

However, if you want medium coverage (or more), they might not be for you... many are quite sheer. At most, the coverage would be light-medium.

The best way to get off long-lasting foundations like ColorStay is by using an oil. Here's the fourm's "" thread.

If you find that too much of a hassle you have another option: Mineral foundations. There are lots of different brands out there for your to choose. I use Silk Naturals. Meow Cosmetics also seems to me popular on this board. :)

You have many options! Hopefully you will find something that suits you best. :D

thank you, hmmm i may just need to try a tinted moisturizer when i can get my face back on track. but thank you (: i was looking at makeupalley for the aveeno reviews. i cant use mineral though =/ it makes me break out as weird as that is or i get a rash, i think im allergic to it somehow and their brushes as well because theyre animal hair based. but ill keep tryin =/ hopefully the HD is okay for skin somehow cause im curious. ;p

Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer! I also have Laura Mercier mineral makeup. I am a dark-skinned girl of Chinese descent with yellow skintones. Their color selection is great. I am highly acne prone but these do not break me out! They both have awesome finishes!

The tinted moisturizer has better coverage than the average tinted moisturizer. Both have great finishes.

I live in a small place, but there's a great makeup boutique near where I live that carries their line of makeup.

hourglass illusion sold at sephora. it's around $50. its oil-free and spf 15.

it's build-able so it's a light to medium coverage. i like it. i tried bobbi brown tinted moisturizer and i thought it was way too sheer for all my marks and acne. i felt it just evened out my skin tone without any real coverage. the hourglass provides decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer.

Laura Mercier has a great tinted moisturizer in an oil free version. And for foundation i would say to try Make Up For Ever's mat velvet + foundation, its amazing!!

Lancome's Teint Idole Fresh Wear

Not really a tinted moisturizer, but a light foundation. Feels like you have nothing on, covers redness and hides pores like a dream! Unfortunately acne and hyperpigmentation still show, but its lessened. I find it covers texture naturally so that it isn't masked.