Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

everytime I feel good/decent about myself, I look in the mirror and get depressed again. I feel like a misfit wherever I go. I don't feel happy and I would rather cry sometimes :cry: . I hate being alone and washing my face, checking for zits/ healing red marks, sometimes not recognizing who I am.

I feel lost in a sea of unhappiness and low self-esteem. I feel ugly when I know that really, I'm not. I feel so alone and not even my close friends and family can make me happy.

I know, I need sleep. But I just hate waking up every morning, not finding much to be happy about. I think I need therapy...again. :| I hate therapy because it's too expensive and I don't feel comfortable telling people I barely know my problems. I have been through it before as a kid. I quit at 15. I think I should go back because I feel really mentally unstable right now.

How can I stop judging myself? I'm at the point where all I see is my annoying brownish red marks on my forehead and the annoying zits. What the hell is wrong with me?

Edited by purpledragon24

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I hate looking in the mirror because I know that everytime i look i will get depressed and angry. Having acne makes me hate EVERYTHING in my life. It's hard to act like a normal person knowing you look like a mess. I once went a whole week without looking in the mirror because i noticed that i would looked at the mirror like 10x or more an hour and the more i looked, the more i picked, examine and definitely see what i did not want to see. So within that week it was hard because I would have to slap on my cleanser and moisturizer real fast so i can see myself and after a week I finially caved in and picked and examine and everything. I dont even know what to do, I just know you are not alone. When it comes to my acne I can be a real bitch. I feel like whenever people stare at me too long or anything I would go berserk... this is really not the real me. I am very nice, just not with acne.

Did the therapy help you? Why spend money on them, I know for a fact you can always talk to people here on this site. Everybody on this site is going through the same. Anything you want to say, just say it. You might feel better after talking about it on here. I may not be a close friend but I can relate with you and share my stories too.. just remember we are here to listen! :)

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I hate looking in the mirror because I know that everytime i look i will get depressed and angry. Having acne makes me hate EVERYTHING in my life. It's hard to act like a normal person knowing you look like a mess. I once went a whole week without looking in the mirror because i noticed that i would looked at the mirror like 10x or more an hour and the more i looked, the more i picked, examine and definitely see what i did not want to see. So within that week it was hard because I would have to slap on my cleanser and moisturizer real fast so i can see myself and after a week I finially caved in and picked and examine and everything. I dont even know what to do, I just know you are not alone. When it comes to my acne I can be a real bitch. I feel like whenever people stare at me too long or anything I would go berserk... this is really not the real me. I am very nice, just not with acne.

Did the therapy help you? Why spend money on them, I know for a fact you can always talk to people here on this site. Everybody on this site is going through the same. Anything you want to say, just say it. You might feel better after talking about it on here. I may not be a close friend but I can relate with you and share my stories too.. just remember we are here to listen! :)

Well, the therapy did seem to help me until I realized the psychiatrist's were sort of brainwashed in the head and then I decided that I'd quit. I thought I had a handle on my emotions but I really don't think I do sometimes. I get very emotional and I hate looking at the mirror and getting disappointed. I only have a few zits right now, so acne isn't the problem it's these damn red marks and the feeling like they will never go away. I don't think people comment on my acne, because it's not much but I hate getting then going somewhere where everyone looks perfect.

For the scars, I recommend aloe vera gel 100%, use a blob on your scars for a month or longer and you'll see a significant difference. It worked on my scars. Yeah, maybe you should just let it out, when you feel angry, sad or anything just cry, go somewhere and scream or scream in a pillow and afterwards you might feel better and you would forget about it for a while... idk how to take away that feeling forever. It's up to you how you let it effect you. Try not to let it effect you, when you look in the mirror just smile and keep on with your day. Sorry if im not giving you the best advice. I just dont know what to do because i have the same problem.

Trust me I feel tha same way, and I'm only 16 years old. These are suppose to be tha most happiest moment of my life. & im on accutane,hiding from my friends, scared to talk to boys, scared to LIVE. trust me I understand its so stressfull =(