Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that alot of people here dont like Proactiv, but I think that the products in the entire line, they all have something to offer in effective acne skincare, I ordered the 5 step, which includes a SA cleanser and a very famous moisturizer that everyone at MUA loves!!! (also the sulfur mask)

Those of you who have used Proactiv before...how did you incorporate using everything to its full potential???

I had tried the three step. I used the cleanser first, then the toner, then applied the BP. I used the sulfur mask once or twice a week after the toner. I left the mask on for ten minutes, washed off with warm water, and then applied the BP.

I would assume the moisturizer just goes on after everything in the morning. I definitely recommend using a moisturizer because this really dries you out.

Personally, I did not like it. After a month of using it, I broke out real bad with a few bad cysts that have left scars. So, I have stopped using it. I have a friend, though, who swears by it. So, it's worth a try...but if after a month or so, your acne gets worse, I would just stop using it. I think it all depends on the severity of your acne and your skin's reaction to it. I had mild acne with very oily skin.

Good luck!

I prefer just the 3 step system... I can't be bothered with 5 steps! lol. jks.

Start with the cleanser. then follow with the toner, and lotion. Maybe every other day, put the mask on after the cleanser, then follow with the toner and lotion. I think the SA wash is supposed to be used for the body, in the shower or something.

5 step system... so the other two steps r the oil control and moisturizer, right? i think ur always supposed to moisturize after bp :huh:

I did OK on Proactive, but after a while I had another breakout. I think it was the gritty cleanser that caused the problem. The toner and the repairing lotion were good. I stopped using Proactive and am now using their Calm regimen that they sell under Rodan & Fields. I posted to the board minutes ago asking if anyone else is using Calm and how they are doing with it. It has been good for me so far, much better than Proactive.

I used proactiv in highschool and it kept me 100% clear throughout.

Then i started breaking out after like 3 years of using it. gayyy.