Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandonextraordinary

Cheapest way for getting rid of red marks?

My baking soda has been effective after one day.

I've heard of people using it together with the vinegar DeeVoo was talking about, which kinda makes sense?

I've heard of people using it together with the vinegar DeeVoo was talking about, which kinda makes sense?

Vinegar + Baking Soda = :shock: lol

HAHAHA! Science experiment on your face!

Clearly I was thinking straight when I posted that. :whistle:

Fun as it would be to look at, OP should probably disregard everything I say for a while, and I'm going to lay down until my brain works again.

(and when I get up, I'm going to go find that review that said they used baking soda in conjunction with ACV. It's in there somewhere! I swear, I'm not crazy!)

Edited by Zeru

Fun as it would be to look at, OP should probably disregard everything I say for a while, and I'm going to lay down until my brain works again.

(and when I get up, I'm going to go find that review that said they used baking soda in conjunction with ACV. It's in there somewhere! I swear, I'm not crazy!)

Your not crazy, it just sounded funny to me... I wasn't poking fun at you

Oh trust me, I know! Now I wonder how it would work. o___o The suggestions I saw included diluting the vinegar, but still. Wonkyyyy

Oh trust me, I know! Now I wonder how it would work. o___o The suggestions I saw included diluting the vinegar, but still. Wonkyyyy

lol. You should try it and tell me what happens and how it works

Yea, i use Baking soda and ACV ;] baking soda with cleanser to exfloiate, then after, I apply ACV for red marks, antibacterial, to balance pH, and cuz it smells really bad, so it has to be good for me ;]

it was on some woman's thread, btw if anyone bookmarked it, i'd love for you to post a link, I want to review my steps, haha.

works great on red marks, mine are going away pretty well.

i think the op meant effective, not stupid home remedies.

acid peels are the cheapest *effective method* to get good results in short term

the most expensive method but most effective is laser, almost instant results

I use baking soda and it works pretty well, I usually mix honey and cinnamon in there too, which people have said works. It is working, slowly. I should maybe try the lemon juice, but knowing me I would accidentally squirt myself in the eyeballs.

i think the op meant effective, not stupid home remedies.

acid peels are the cheapest *effective method* to get good results in short term

the most expensive method but most effective is laser, almost instant results

Stupid, eh? Glad you know what works best for everyone, Mr. Know it all.

:rolleyes:

Homemade Vitamin C Serum

It faded some of my stubborn red marks that I've had for seven months! Not only has it helped with my hyperpigmentation, but it has also brightened my skin. If anyone is interested, I can post the recipe. It's very easy to make and the ingredients won't cost you a fortune.

Edited by Anta
Homemade Vitamin C Serum

It faded some of my stubborn red marks that I've had for seven months! Not only has it helped with my hyperpigmentation, but it has also brightened my skin. If anyone is interested, I can post the recipe. It's very easy to make and the ingredients won't cost you a fortune.

That would be great if you could post the recipe!

I read from another site that this would help, although i'm not sure how to make it

Here is a 20% vitamin c solution:

(This is what I'm using. You may want to start with 10% and slowly work your way up to 20%)

1/2 teaspoon l ascorbic acid powder

1 3/4 teaspoon distilled water

1/4 teaspoon veg. glycerin

Add 1/2 tsp of ascorbic powder to 1 3/4 tsp of distilled water.

Stir mixture until Vitamin C dissolves.

Add vegetable glycerin

Put in a dark glass bottle and keep it refrigerated. Discard serum once it turns yellow as it has oxidized.

I use Now Foods Ascorbic Acid. You can buy this at well.ca. Free shipping for canadian customers.

Edited by Anta
Here is a 20% vitamin c solution:

(This is what I'm using. You may want to start with 10% and slowly work your way up to 20%)

1/2 teaspoon l ascorbic acid powder

1 3/4 teaspoon distilled water

1/4 teaspoon veg. glycerin

Add 1/2 tsp of ascorbic powder to 1 3/4 tsp of distilled water.

Stir mixture until Vitamin C dissolves.

Add vegetable glycerin

Put in a dark glass bottle and keep it refrigerated. Discard serum once it turns yellow as it has oxidized.

I use Now Foods Ascorbic Acid. You can buy this at well.ca. Free shipping for canadian customers.

thanks fellow canadian! lol, i am from canada too

by the way, how much did this all cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I think I spent about $30 in total. This diy serum has totally turned my skin around.

I started it a month ago and it has faded most of my red marks.

I also found it to work amazingly well on brown marks. Overall, my skin looks healthier and brighter. I used to frequent this section a lot when I was still dealing with my red marks, but not so much lately since it's no longer a concern of mine.

I think I spent about $30 in total. This diy serum has totally turned my skin around.

I started it a month ago and it has faded most of my red marks.

I also found it to work amazingly well on brown marks. Overall, my skin looks healthier and brighter. I used to frequent this section a lot when I was still dealing with my red marks, but not so much lately since it's no longer a concern of mine.

alright, thanks! i'll be sure to give this a try once i manage to buy all the items