Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

Best Long Wearing Eyeliner!

hey guys so as you can see in my signature i use Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner in cafe. i really like brown/dark brown/coco/cafe colored eyeliners. they look the best with my complexion. black is too harsh/artifical looking and brown is more natural. now my eyeliner says its waterproof. HA not. i put it under my top eyelashes. right there in the rim of my eye (not sure what to call it) then i put it directly on my eyelid right near the lashes. i put it all the way across and in the outside corner. (i don't put it on the bottom of my eye) anyway. immediatly after i apply it and throughout the day the eyeliner seeps to my bottom lid. and its SO annoying. so i need recommendations of an eyeliner that will STAY PUT and stay on my top lid and not drop to the bottom. thanks guyss

the eyeliner on my top lid stays. but u know how u can lift up ur top eyelashes and put it on the inner lid part? i can't explain it. but thats where it slips to the bottom. i can't imgaine putting eye shadow there... the space is too small lol

Yeah, that's called the waterline. I've put shadow there lol. I take an angled eyeliner brush, one of the thicker ones, unlike the really thin ones I use for cream eyeliners on my top lid (which you can try, you would have to use a brush though anyway....), I dab it some eyeshadow and then I dab that on top of the liner on my waterline. It does take some getting used to. It will probably still smudge onto the bottom one, though, because....well it's watery and the moisture in that area will cause the liner to smudge onto the lower waterline. I usually line my upper and lower, do you not like that look? Could be an option :shrug:, if your eyes are on the small side, I probably wouldn't recommend that

Oh, also, when I watch video tutorials and they do this, a lot of them use a kohl eyeliner. There are drugstore brands and department store brands so you can probably find one by your favorite cosmetics company. I feel as if all of them will smudge at least a bit though in that area

kohl?

i could try that.

ya i used to apply it to both but it looked too heavy. i have pretty big eyes but it still looked like too much makeup

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on pencil seems to work really good for me, have you tried this? I would suggest an eye primer but being you are talking about your waterline I don't think you want to put a primer on that lol.

I've been using Almay's Amazing Lasting Eye Pencil for like, 6 years? You can buy it at any drugstore - a little expensive for a drugstore brand, but it's the best. I don't use anything else and when I do try, I always end up coming back to this one. I always line the top of my eyelid and my waterline with it. It lasts nearly all day and doesn't smudge on me. It's a twist up kind of eyeliner. If you want a liquid liner though, you should try Wet 'n' Wild Megaliner. I know Wet 'n' Wild is a sucky brand overall, but that liquid liner is the best and comparable to expensive ones. Reviews; http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showrev...--Wild/Eyeliner

P.S. The only place I see Wet 'n' Wild at is Dollar General :)

Edited by Sapphire Lily

I'm also an Urban Decay 24/7 fan.

I put it on my waterline to go to my surprise birthday party and when I got there my friends chucked waterballoons at me! The eyeliner stayed after the frantic eye rubbing and sweating :]

I've used Revlon Colorstay for the longest time, and it's amazing. It glides on easily and stays on all day.

The thing about putting eyeliner on the waterline is that tears naturally flow over the waterline (that's why it's called the waterline), so any eyeliner may somewhat slip.

I've never had problems with the Revlon slipping from my waterline, though.

Hope this helps!

I use Revlon Colorstay too and I LOVE it. I've been using it for years. I have tried more expensive brands like Urban Decay 24/7 and MAC Pearlglide Eyeliners, but they never stay on as well or go on as smoothly as the Revlon Colorstay! It also comes in a perfect Black/Brown color that isn't too stark black or too light of a brown. It's only $5-7 at any drugstore or target. :)

Edited by strawberryjem001