Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ob:ey

Exfoliating on Accutane?

My skin is starting to get quite dry and it's beginning to flake around my mouth and on my neck. Is there any harm in exfoliating in order to remove the dead skin?

If there answer is no what exfoliants are on the market that are safe and would be good to use while on Accutane?

Thanks!

nooooo, my derm specifically said NOT to scrub or exfoliate because apparently when on roaccutane the skin becomes quite delicate and you'l end up with a flush face and that aint good :P just bathe your face in warm water the and moisturize.

it may be bad but i definatly still keep exfoliating... it doesnt irratate it but i've only been on roaccutane a month lol its the only way i can get rid of the skin that peels off literally every 2 days even if i moisturise well... i use dermalogica by the way... good luck

it may be bad but i definatly still keep exfoliating... it doesnt irratate it but i've only been on roaccutane a month lol its the only way i can get rid of the skin that peels off literally every 2 days even if i moisturise well... i use dermalogica by the way... good luck

i use dermalogica too. do you use the daily microfoliant to exfoliate? what cleanser? i use the ultra calming.

123456789q It really depends on the severity of my skin, some days its mild peeling so i use the microfoliant too... love it :) and if its really bad i use the anti ageing one i forgot what its called.. its in a silver tube though its for mature skin but i really like it and it doesnt scratch my skin. I use the Pre cleanse oil makes my skin super smooth and i use an olay sensitive wash... i dont flush anymore which im really happy about, think it may be down to my new routine. Do ask if you want to know what i use... i'd be happy to tell x