Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunpan

Gf Just Broke Up With Me, Acne Was One Of The Reasons

she's probably a golddigger 2 so next time you see her and the new boyfriend just flip the middle finger up;

Edited by amme

Don't have girlfriends. It will only end in tears

You're better off having a few girls on the go and don't get to attached.

Yeah but even that's a problem. I cant get any girls to have on the go lol..

Firstly. I'm really sorry to hear that. That really does suck. Break ups are never easy regardless of the reason.

If she has broken up with you because of your scars then she is one shallow individual. It begs the question that if the scars were a big deal for her why did she get with you? Is it possible that she is using your scars as a scapegoat and an excuse because there is some other reason why she wanted out of the replationship?

I now you are hurting right now and nothing anyone says will makes you feel better. All i can tell you is that life moves on and you must move on with it. Do you really want somone as shallow as that in your life?

Forget she exists and walk away. She won't notice you are gone at first. But base on what you said how you were there for her, when she needs you, then the ball is in your court.

How you proceed is up to you but never chase shadows. Your effort is best kept for those deserving and those who do not deserve always end up miserable anyway. It simply is not your problem anymore.

She will miss you when her self-absorbed abandonment issues come back to haunt her and who knows, by then you might be happy with real friends, another girlfriend who really do appreciate you.

All the best mate.

Thanks man, means a lot. Well I'm not sure, shes says it bothered her from the beginning but she stuck with it. Also, she's kinda the type of person to listen to other people, rather than make decisions for herself. Not sure if a couple of her friends were hating on me because of my acne/scars. and because of that she then felt embarassed hanging around and being with me? I don't know...sounds childish but I don't know, it feels like that might have contributed to this breakup.

Don't be so obsessed with sex.. be in a relationship because it works not because you want to have sex. If you're upset that you didn't have sex with her maybe you were together for the wrong reasons,

just my 2c

No I'm not obsessed with sex and I'm not upset that I didn't have sex with her. I just posted that sex thing as a little background info on me.

Girls. That's why u gotta man up sometimes and walk away like u don't give a fuck cuzzz

Straight up..

Sorry about this.

I've been on both sides of the dumping equation, and sometimes when I've broken up with someone, I've said hurtful things that I didn't mean. Not because I was a stuck up bitch or a shallow person, but because ending the relationship was really hard, and I wanted to deal with my own pain. Even though it was my choice. Once, I made fun of someone's height (I never cared about his height, he was about 5'5") as I broke up with him because he was making it really difficult, shouting and telling me how he wasn't going to be able to live with out me. I once got really angry at another dude who just would not accept that I wanted out, and I may have made fun of his clothes.

The point is that she is probably hurting too, and said something mean to deal with the pain of the break up. Sorry that you were blind sided by this, but just because she was the dumper, doesn't mean her heart isn't broken too. She's just acting stupid because of the pain of the break up. She didn't mean it. She's probably a perfectly nice person, which is why you dated her, but it didn't work out in the long run.

Take care of yourself!

when ppl get mad they aim to hurt! That's all I can say!! You said that acne was ONE of the reasons...did u do something to upset her? just curious.

Still really harsh she did that, like the others said, she probably used it as an excuse, seeing as how she probably didn't have a better one...

how long were y'all together?

weird how she flipped all of a sudden.

Sorry dude:( But cheer up. Not all girls are superficial and you will find someone who loves/likes you for you.

if she was with you in the first place it probly wasn't a big deal but then realized how much it effected you and it started effecting her. act like its nothing with the next girl. then i'd be nothing. if she breaks up with you cuz of acne stuff then shes shallow. but if you have it to begin with and a girl knows that, then shes obviously willing to try. but how can one accept you if you can't truly accept yourself

Edited by Scar_Tissue

when ppl get mad they aim to hurt! That's all I can say!! You said that acne was ONE of the reasons...did u do something to upset her? just curious.

Still really harsh she did that, like the others said, she probably used it as an excuse, seeing as how she probably didn't have a better one...

how long were y'all together?

weird how she flipped all of a sudden.

Sorry dude:( But cheer up. Not all girls are superficial and you will find someone who loves/likes you for you.

Thanks. She's like it was one of the main reasons. Apparently she hated my "greasy" and scarred face. Everytime we went out together I would tell her I have to go to the washroom and then I'd wipe the oil off my face. lol so embarassing but I didn't let her know my acne affected me.

We weren't together for thaat long but damn the things we went through together...

if she was with you in the first place it probly wasn't a big deal but then realized how much it effected you and it started effecting her. act like its nothing with the next girl. then i'd be nothing. if she breaks up with you cuz of acne stuff then shes shallow. but if you have it to begin with and a girl knows that, then shes obviously willing to try. but how can one accept you if you can't truly accept yourself

She had no idea acne affected me. Whenever she would ask about it I would play it off and act like my acne was nothing to me, I'd just blame it on the protein shake that I was taking.

Aw :cry: This makes me sad. From what you posted you seem like a caring person who treats a girl with the respect she deserves. And this particular girl doesn't sound worthy of any kind of deeper connection if she is juvenile enough to throw it in your face that she is breaking up with you because acne scars "gross her out" randomly or whatever. I mean really, have some class and respect. Some people don't know how to handle other people's feelings delicately, and you really don't deserve this. I'm not gonna say there are plenty of nice girls out there, but there certainly are quite a few. And as long as you remain the same caring person, a smart girl who realizes that life isn't about looking perfect, will love you for the person you really are. Don't give up hope, while it's hard to wade through a bunch of girls who play games constantly and seem nice at first but then slowly reveal their inner bitchyness...until you find your giiiirl. :)

Lot's of good replies here. Sorry to hear of your story. Here's what I think: she was with you this entire time, so there is a very good likelihood that she liked you for who you were, regardless of whether you had a few pimples/scars. Therefore, your girlfriend likely did not break up with you because of the pimples/scars, but rather, for an entirely different reason. She likely only brought up that reason to help justify her original reasoning- which had nothing to do with your face.

I know it is difficult to be self-confident with acne/scarring. Many people are too concerned with their "game" or their body types, but we have an entirely different battle to worry about, and it's not easy!

I want you to keep your head up and as hard as it is, keep pushing with that care-free attitude. There are a lot of good people out there, and I'm sure your girlfriend was one of them. She broke up with you, that doesn't make her a bad person, and from what I can tell, she didn't do it because of your acne/scarring but for other reasons. You may feel that is the reason because it has the biggest impact on your self-confidence, but you can assume that if she was willing to get into a relationship, she didn't care about that enough to hold her back.

There are a lot of good people on this forum, message me if you want to talk personally. Have a great day.

Aw :cry: This makes me sad. From what you posted you seem like a caring person who treats a girl with the respect she deserves. And this particular girl doesn't sound worthy of any kind of deeper connection if she is juvenile enough to throw it in your face that she is breaking up with you because acne scars "gross her out" randomly or whatever. I mean really, have some class and respect. Some people don't know how to handle other people's feelings delicately, and you really don't deserve this. I'm not gonna say there are plenty of nice girls out there, but there certainly are quite a few. And as long as you remain the same caring person, a smart girl who realizes that life isn't about looking perfect, will love you for the person you really are. Don't give up hope, while it's hard to wade through a bunch of girls who play games constantly and seem nice at first but then slowly reveal their inner bitchyness...until you find your giiiirl. :)

Yeah that's true, a lot seem cool at first till you get to really know them lol. n yeah hopefullly one day

Sucks how I helped her through the hardest part of her life....spent enough time, money, support n then it ends because of acne. Acne. I can't fucking believe it sometimes. Acne.

Lot's of good replies here. Sorry to hear of your story. Here's what I think: she was with you this entire time, so there is a very good likelihood that she liked you for who you were, regardless of whether you had a few pimples/scars. Therefore, your girlfriend likely did not break up with you because of the pimples/scars, but rather, for an entirely different reason. She likely only brought up that reason to help justify her original reasoning- which had nothing to do with your face.

I know it is difficult to be self-confident with acne/scarring. Many people are too concerned with their "game" or their body types, but we have an entirely different battle to worry about, and it's not easy!

I want you to keep your head up and as hard as it is, keep pushing with that care-free attitude. There are a lot of good people out there, and I'm sure your girlfriend was one of them. She broke up with you, that doesn't make her a bad person, and from what I can tell, she didn't do it because of your acne/scarring but for other reasons. You may feel that is the reason because it has the biggest impact on your self-confidence, but you can assume that if she was willing to get into a relationship, she didn't care about that enough to hold her back.

There are a lot of good people on this forum, message me if you want to talk personally. Have a great day.

Thanks Thomas and everyone else that replied...it boosted my mood tenfold.

Edited by bunpan

i know im way late to this party.....but ive been there man, i got dumped by my ex in front of everyone i work with! and screamed it was cuz im ugly, and worse than that she left me for my brother, whos a fucking model and works out religiously so he looks like a sculpted masterpiece (he's about as intelligent too though, lol), but you know what I did, i cried, bitched, moaned and posted all over this site (i owe a LOT of support to the people im fortunate enough to contact here), and in the last few months, i changed my life; moved, eating better, lost weight, light workouts (surgery handicapped me few years ago), and now my acne is almost completely gone and i feel like a human being again. Totally cliched, but "you'll move on, her loss." it IS as simple as that.

I think you're better off without her. What she was unnecessarily mean and showed her true colours. Why would anyone say that? Even if that's how they felt?!

When my acne was at it's worst, I just gave up on trying to have relationships with women. Occasionally, I'd get drunk and forget my hangups, but it never went anywhere. On the whole, I just avoided talking to women on the rare nights out I had. I was only able to consider a relationship again when I got clear and felt confident.

Sorry to hear that. Anyone who can't except you flaws and all (and everyone has flaws), is not the one for you. I'd rather have acne scars than a mean spirit. Also, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin. I think that's great.

Well... just found out she's going out with someone since yesterday.

fuckin blows. I don't know why it still hurts but it does.

Oh and yes hes got clear skin lol..

I feel your pain man but guess what?Something like this can have SUCH a positive influence on you.I know how it feels becuase ive been their. I felt like i was gutted.BUT whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger and sumthing like this is like drinking a fucking steroid milkshake my man. USE THIS SITUATION TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, If you think that thats not possible....keep searching....your answer will come.

So sorry to hear about that. She sounds like a shallow bitch that doesn't deserve you even thinking about her.

I know what it's like to have someone close play the skin card to try to hurt me. When I was in my early teens, when I first started breaking out badly, my parents used to tell me how ugly, hideous, and disgusting I was. That's hard on a 12 year old girl. I guess I had a face not even a mother could love lol, but it hurt like hell that they would hate on me like that. It was worse than the acne itself.

But fuck them and hell with her. I can guarantee you that she will make her own misery in life, and her own shallowness will be her downfall. You will find a nice girl that likes you for you. We're not all shallow beotches.

fuck her man lets hope she gets acne

lol

keep ya head up and dont worry u will eventually find a girl who loves u for who u are...

got to get confident and love ur self then girls will love u...

to be confident u got to do what u got to do, i have to get clear to be confident

but also wearing nice clothes gives me confidence... not as much as clear skin but its better than nothing.

Well... just found out she's going out with someone since yesterday.

fuckin blows. I don't know why it still hurts but it does.

Oh and yes hes got clear skin lol..

Your right, it hurts, and it will, but like all things in life...you must move forward. She is just another typical superficial worthless piece of poop who obviously is not woman enough to even begin to understand the meaning of a true relationship. Don't hate the one she's with now bc chances are when he gains 10lbs she'll be on to the next! Hey, or even better, maybe she'll have an ugly hormonal break-out like the one I'm having and hopefully he'll kick her to the curb. lol!!

Remember, don't spend too much time time looking back or you could miss out on the next best thing in life...one good looking chic with a juicy booty! You are single and ready to mingle bro, I know, easier said than done, but you only live once! Make it great!

Hey guys, my internet and cable were cut off till now, so I'm a bit late to replying..

thanks a lot to everyone, the advice and words helped me felt better since I can't exactly talk to anyone in person about this.

So sorry to hear about that. She sounds like a shallow bitch that doesn't deserve you even thinking about her.

I know what it's like to have someone close play the skin card to try to hurt me. When I was in my early teens, when I first started breaking out badly, my parents used to tell me how ugly, hideous, and disgusting I was. That's hard on a 12 year old girl. I guess I had a face not even a mother could love lol, but it hurt like hell that they would hate on me like that. It was worse than the acne itself.

But fuck them and hell with her. I can guarantee you that she will make her own misery in life, and her own shallowness will be her downfall. You will find a nice girl that likes you for you. We're not all shallow beotches.

damn sorry you had to go through that but I can kind of understand where you're coming from about the parent thing. My own mother and relatives used to give me shit about my skin all the time saying that it's my fault for looking like shit.

fuck her man lets hope she gets acne

lol

keep ya head up and dont worry u will eventually find a girl who loves u for who u are...

got to get confident and love ur self then girls will love u...

to be confident u got to do what u got to do, i have to get clear to be confident

but also wearing nice clothes gives me confidence... not as much as clear skin but its better than nothing.

lol hopefully karma's a bitch to her

and yeah brah I'm working out and trying to better myself in other ways since I can't do much about my acne.

Your right, it hurts, and it will, but like all things in life...you must move forward. She is just another typical superficial worthless piece of poop who obviously is not woman enough to even begin to understand the meaning of a true relationship. Don't hate the one she's with now bc chances are when he gains 10lbs she'll be on to the next! Hey, or even better, maybe she'll have an ugly hormonal break-out like the one I'm having and hopefully he'll kick her to the curb. lol!!

Remember, don't spend too much time time looking back or you could miss out on the next best thing in life...one good looking chic with a juicy booty! You are single and ready to mingle bro, I know, easier said than done, but you only live once! Make it great!

thanks and it's true we gotta make the best of the time we have.