Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunpan

Gf Just Broke Up With Me, Acne Was One Of The Reasons

Wow I wasn't really expecting it. She just blew up on me brought up a couple of reasons and one of the main being my acne/scars and how she thinks it's gross and a turn off, especially when she kisses me on the cheek. I honestly didn't expect that from her, shes never brought it up in our entire relationship..I guess she just held that bit in till now. I have to admit there were a couple of times where I avoided hanging out with her during the day because of my face. I made up excuses to not hang out with her in the sun.

This kills me so much, haven't cried in years but now the tears are falling non stop. I took care of her ass when she had no one, when she had problems with her parents and I was always there for her. Took countless sacrifices for this girl. Never hit or cheated on her when most of her ex's have.

Now I know most people will say "oh don't worry there's plenty more fish in the sea and you'll eventually find someone who will like you" but I really have a hard time believing that. I'm 21 and still a virgin not because I want to be but because it's difficult finding a girlfriend when you have a heavily scarred up face. honestly its really difficult to approach girls when most seem to judge you by your looks first.

I hate everything/everyone right now. All of the guys I know do not have acne or they have a 1-2 pimple on their chin and they pull girls constantly like its nothing. Everytime we hang out and the subject of girls come up I just go quiet....because I have no experiences to share, I don't know what it feels like to have sex...so I just sit back n listen to them talk.

fuck this bullshit life.

EDIT: Update on page 4

Thank you to everyone that posted, words can't ever describe how I felt as I read your posts.

Edited by bunpan

Don't have girlfriends. It will only end in tears

You're better off having a few girls on the go and don't get to attached.

Wow I wasn't really expecting it. She just blew up on me brought up a couple of reasons and one of the main being my acne/scars and how she thinks it's gross and a turn off, especially when she kisses me on the cheek. I honestly didn't expect that from her, shes never brought it up in our entire relationship..I guess she just held that bit in till now. I have to admit there were a couple of times where I avoided hanging out with her during the day because of my face. I made up excuses to not hang out with her in the sun.

This kills me so much, haven't cried in years but now the tears are falling non stop. I took care of her ass when she had no one, when she had problems with her parents and I was always there for her. Took countless sacrifices for this girl. Never hit or cheated on her when most of her ex's have.

Now I know most people will say "oh don't worry there's plenty more fish in the sea and you'll eventually find someone who will like you" but I really have a hard time believing that. I'm 21 and still a virgin not because I want to be but because it's difficult finding a girlfriend when you have a heavily scarred up face. honestly its really difficult to approach girls when most seem to judge you by your looks first.

I hate everything/everyone right now. All of the guys I know do not have acne or they have a 1-2 pimple on their chin and they pull girls constantly like its nothing. Everytime we hang out and the subject of girls come up I just go quiet....because I have no experiences to share, I don't know what it feels like to have sex...so I just sit back n listen to them talk.

fuck this bullshit life.

Firstly. I'm really sorry to hear that. That really does suck. Break ups are never easy regardless of the reason.

If she has broken up with you because of your scars then she is one shallow individual. It begs the question that if the scars were a big deal for her why did she get with you? Is it possible that she is using your scars as a scapegoat and an excuse because there is some other reason why she wanted out of the replationship?

I now you are hurting right now and nothing anyone says will makes you feel better. All i can tell you is that life moves on and you must move on with it. Do you really want somone as shallow as that in your life?

Forget she exists and walk away. She won't notice you are gone at first. But base on what you said how you were there for her, when she needs you, then the ball is in your court.

How you proceed is up to you but never chase shadows. Your effort is best kept for those deserving and those who do not deserve always end up miserable anyway. It simply is not your problem anymore.

She will miss you when her self-absorbed abandonment issues come back to haunt her and who knows, by then you might be happy with real friends, another girlfriend who really do appreciate you.

All the best mate.

It sounds more like just an excuse to break up. She knew about your acne and acne scarring from the beginning so I don't see why she would suddenly have such a big problem with it. Sometimes relationships fail for countless of different reasons, but no matter what the reason is that was a very mean and hurtful way to end a relationship. You are better off without her. There are girls out there who will like you for you and not care about your acne and acne scarring.

Don't be so obsessed with sex.. be in a relationship because it works not because you want to have sex. If you're upset that you didn't have sex with her maybe you were together for the wrong reasons,

just my 2c

fuck this bullshit life.

Firstly. I'm really sorry to hear that. That really does suck. Break ups are never easy regardless of the reason.

If she has broken up with you because of your scars then she is one shallow individual. It begs the question that if the scars were a big deal for her why did she get with you? Is it possible that she is using your scars as a scapegoat and an excuse because there is some other reason why she wanted out of the replationship?

I now you are hurting right now and nothing anyone says will makes you feel better. All i can tell you is that life moves on and you must move on with it. Do you really want somone as shallow as that in your life?

Forget she exists and walk away. She won't notice you are gone at first. But base on what you said how you were there for her, when she needs you, then the ball is in your court.

How you proceed is up to you but never chase shadows. Your effort is best kept for those deserving and those who do not deserve always end up miserable anyway. It simply is not your problem anymore.

She will miss you when her self-absorbed abandonment issues come back to haunt her and who knows, by then you might be happy with real friends, another girlfriend who really do appreciate you.

All the best mate.

amen to that :clap:

forget her. honestly she sounds like an unstable shallow bitch. not to sound mean. u helped her when no one else would.. then she throws u under the bus. not cool.

Don't be so obsessed with sex.. be in a relationship because it works not because you want to have sex.

Sex is everything. Relationships are overrated.

Don't be so obsessed with sex.. be in a relationship because it works not because you want to have sex.

Sex is everything. Relationships are overrated.

lol Couldn't help but laugh at this. Very funny :P

If acne was a reason she dumped you, she wasn't worth keeping around anyways.

Seriously. Bigger problems come about in a relationship, and acne is the least of them. Even if it wasn't acne, she doesn't sound like the type who was there for the long haul.

Seriously. Bigger problems come about in a relationship, and acne is the least of them. Even if it wasn't acne, she doesn't sound like the type who was there for the long haul.

i can imagine why you feel bad. having acne and scars myself, im pretty insecure about it and have decided not to date until i get it fixed up. just in case something like that happens. i admire you heaps for living though !

she definitely isnt worth it.

im kinda doing what mr sunshine is doing. Im gonna just forget about dating all together unless a girls comes to ME. im done trying and gonna focus on jus makin myself happy.

I'm 23 and I've been single for ever. Yes, I'm a virgin. I had to say that so you don't feel like you;re the only one. Honestly, I'm not into girls right now. And I AM straight ( not gay ). That's what I've decided. Because first, I want to finish with college and university and if I do meet a nice girl, then I will date her.. etc. I am actually looking for the right one. I am not going to try to find one..I will just wait and make friends.. then we'll see what happen.

You have plenty of time. ^^

Edited by EddieE

Omg thats really sad...like i legit wanna cry from reading that. I agree that she wasn't worth keeping, but dang that sucks majorrr. I have some acne and acne scarring and when I look at people with my problem, I dont see ugly. I see all of their hardships that they must go through with dealing with skin problems and that they are strong to go out into the world with many people surrounding them with perfect skin. I personally hate kissing my boyfriend because my make up will come off of my face and I feel very insecure, so I try avoiding even looking him directly in the face. I know how you feel. I dont want anyone kissing my cheek because I know it will make me breakout even more. Im truly sorry she did this to you, and I know it must be hard on your self esteem.

I don't know if this helps at all, but like some other people have said, I strongly doubt it was really that big of a problem. I'm sure she knew or could sense that you were sensitive about it and some people just like to go for the jugular. Count yourself lucky to have her out of your life, though it may not seem that way right now.

Hey there. Your post really made me sad and start to tear up. You sound like a really cool guy and the fact that a dumb bitch like that had to use some lame excuse like your scarring to break up with you simply sucks hairy balls. I turn 23 in little over a week now and I'm a virgin too. I'm afraid of being close to anyone. I stay out of the sun as much as possible because let's face it...acne does not look good when it's under blaring sunlight, right? My point is that I want to fuck this bullshit life too but we have to move on. That's real lame ass advice right there but you know what they say: "If we're all alone, then we're together in that, too."

It'll be okay.

Hey there. Your post really made me sad and start to tear up. You sound like a really cool guy and the fact that a dumb bitch like that had to use some lame excuse like your scarring to break up with you simply sucks hairy balls. I turn 23 in little over a week now and I'm a virgin too. I'm afraid of being close to anyone. I stay out of the sun as much as possible because let's face it...acne does not look good when it's under blaring sunlight, right? My point is that I want to fuck this bullshit life too but we have to move on. That's real lame ass advice right there but you know what they say: "If we're all alone, then we're together in that, too."

It'll be okay.

Actually your advice is spot on.

The way i see it too much is placed on getting a gf or bf these days. We wasn't born in a relationship, we wasn't born in love so we can survive without it.

Yeah relationships can be the best feeling in the world but they can also be the worst.

I've had my fair share of girlfriends. I have been single for the last 2 years by choice and it's been the happiest i have ever been.

Many of us fall into a trap of getting with someone for the sake of getting with someone, or we get with the wrong people. I'd much rather hold out for that one girl who is right for me. Someone who will make me happier than i already am. Someone who will enhance my life not dominate it. One has to be happy before getting into a relationship. Your partner should enhance your life and you should enhance your partners life.

Everyone has to accept that we all have a life before a relationship. I've yet to come across a girl that allows me to maintain that. They want me to spend every waking second with them which is unhealthy. Like anything in life balance is needed. Too much of one thing and not enough of another is bad. I like going out with my friends, i like spending time with my family and at times i just get into my car and drive to random places by myself. However to some girls that's a sure sign that i am cheating because i like spending time by myself!!!! I really detest that view because i've never cheated and never will, i'm not a greedy person.

When i get with a girl. I fully accept that i'm not the most important person in her life or that she has more than one important person in her life. I accept that she has a job, friends, family, hobbies because i have the same in my life. We then have to make room for that relationship and balance everything.

If i can't find a girl who is comfortable with still doing her own thing, is comfortable with me doing my own thing then i'd rather be single. Life doesn't stop just because we get with someone.

When you get with someone you accept them for who they are. You have to take the good with the bad.

Edited by Nicky D

I agree with everyone else that the real issue wasn't the acne, and it was just an easy target to blame it on - but seriously, how trashy can you get? Attacking something you know your significant other is insecure about? It just sounds like she was purposely trying to hurt you emotionally - and you seriously need to rethink having that kind of malicious person in your life.

Goddamn, what a bish.

On the one hand, she said it cuz she was mad. I'm sure she broke up over other bigger non-trivial reasons.

Girls. That's why u gotta man up sometimes and walk away like u don't give a fuck cuzzz

fuck this bullshit life.

Hey there,I hope this post finds you feeling a bit more chipper,because what Iam about to tell you is key,how you use the information,if you do at all is up to you.so let me address your acne and go from there.get on accutane,I dont care if you have already been on it once,for some people it might take several rounds,i was one of them.tp prevent furthur scarring you need to act now,once your acne is under control,which it should be ,you can look into different types of laser treatments which improve acne scarring.so your skin can look better.ok so far i have told you how to stop your acne and that you can improve and make less noticable your acne scars.this is something that should make you feel positive,there are things you can do.every body has some flaw,something ,it might not be acne,but its something.looks on everone fade,the sooner you start to realize that theres ahell of alot more to you then just a guy whos suffered from acne.accentuate the positive in yourself,get a good haircut,if your heavy,drop some lbs,your skin is just one part of the whole you.ok now if your still with me,I want to mention your X.we all want to be loved and it sucks when someone we have been involved with hurts us,i know.but this is where you have to have a faith in the univers,things happen for a reason.your x is not someone you would want to invest anymore of your time with,she showed her cards,she is a shallow,immature girl who needs to grow up .you need to realize you deserve better then someone who would use your skin condition as a reason to end the relationship.she doesant get it,and when you really love someone,deeper qualities are what your mate will be with you for and will also leave you for over acne.i dont know if youget what im saying,hope so.your a young man,life is in front of you,change what you can about yourlself to be a better person mentally,physically so you feel better about yourself,accept what you cant chagelife isnt always fair,but get on with it,im counting on you to rise above this and succeed

fuck this bullshit life.

Yeah that sucks dude. Ive been there before and all I can say is some girls are very stuck up. I dated a girl who would comment on my acne and I had it mild, I would hate to see what she would say if I had it moderate or severe. When you breakup, girls will say lots of things to hurt you. Thats a fact, but sometimes they really dont mean it. You know what you have to do things in life that will please you not someone else. Some girls prey on the weak sensitive guys who would do anything for them at the drop of a hat. Get hobbies, work out, find a treatment for your scars. Scarring in this day and age is very fixable. Find goals and accomplish them. You can do it dude. Get ya head up.

Sorry this has happened to you, I can't imagine what it feels like. I too have avoided dating for the last year as I don't feel confident, but my ex made a hurtful comment about my skin and it really broke my heart, I know it is a bit different to your story but it still hurt.

Please remember that you can sort your scars out and get your confidence back, and then move on with living life to the full. She will ALWAYS be shallow and ugly - on the inside!