Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_justMe

Should i go on accutane?

smile.gif Hey all, well i've been reading a lot about everyone's experiences with accutane and i am really considering it. If you look at my gallery photo, that is me right at this second, i just took the pic. basically it's like that all over my face. i've been on tazorac for a few months now, it worked for bit but not anymore. I hate going to the derm because i feel betrayed everytime i go there and they spend a total of five minutes and just say do this and this, but no one really cares. so im thinking of going the pill way, although this will interfere with my bar schedule, i cannot take this anymore. acne vulgaris sufferer for 8 years now. I have been on proactiv(didnt work made it worse), retin-a(worked for a bit then shat) with benzamycin, some type of antibiotic(resistant), now tazorac(very displeased). I am getting desperate, im 22 and this sh1t is still happening. :doh:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&cmd=si&img=736

Yes, go on Accutane. I see you've been on just about everything out there, so go on Accutane. Even though I have mild acne, nothing was helping so I just went on Accutane and it's working great.

Smolye, i am in the same position as u, mild acne but nothing works to fully get rid of it. I will be going on accutane soon. How many mg r u on? what mg did ur derm say he will eventually put you on? how is the initial breakout for ur mild acne? thanks.

You've obviosuly tried a lot of things and in my opinion accutane would be the way to go. I had the same problem with my dermetologist, always feeling betrayed. I've found that you pretty much have to go into their office and demand what you want. A hundred dollars a visit for 5 minutes of bullshitting. I hope everything works out for you. Ive been on accutane for 5 months. Its amazing.

Go for it.

I'm going into my 2nd month and my face has improved dramtically. This medication is without a doubt the best I've ever used and I've used just about all of them.

I'd say definatly take it since you've tried almost everything and it seems to be affecting you. I was in the same boat and have been on accutane for 2 months and see great improvement.