Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacqueline

sad dry and clear!?!?

i use a swiss made bp gel for about 1.5 month, i almost dont have any new breakouts now. i am very glad and thankful for that, because my acne is the sort of severe one!

but i have new problems now: my skin is very dry and flaky, even though every time i only use the dose of half a little green bean, i can no longer minimize the dose!

and the worst thing is. i got quite visible lines around my mouth and eyes! it seems i get quite older now. it is terrible and sad to me and for my age, i am 27 now. but i use to look much younger than my age.

i try many moistures like Vichy and Clarins, but they dont help a lot. and i cant find the most recommended brands in Switzland. what could i do now? expecting all possible answers for you. thanks a lot!

What concentration of bp does the gel contain? If it's higher than 2.5%, then that is the problem. I recommend mixing it with moisturiser in e.g. 3 parts moisturiser to 1 part bp gel (if it's 10%), or else ordering Dan's gel over the internet.

If you don't break out from Vichy, lucky you. You should always use a sunblock, and they make some really good ones. I quite like Clarins too although it's pretty pricey. Once the bp is diluted, you should find it's probably moisturising enough for you.

Good luck!

thank you for ur advice, Vanessa! i use of bp gel of 5%. the dries varies from time to time. in the first week, i think i get used to the bp gel, and want to up the dosage. but it turn out to be too strong for me. and later, i keep on lowering the dosage actually. but it is still too drying!

mix the bp and moistures? it is new to me.but why Dan tell us to seperate using them and with a 15 min break? i am wondering a little bit.

and what kind of sun cream are u using? i have totally no idea. some of them give me shining look, and i am afraid they lead to break out.

thanks again!

mix the bp and moistures? it is new to me.but why Dan tell us to seperate using them and with a 15 min break? i am wondering a little bit.

I think Vanessa meant this if your Bp is 10%, so as to reduce the irritation to the skin.

Even with 5% you may want to go 50/50 BP and Moist. Otherwise your best bet is to take a few days break from BP and moisturize alot to get your skin back to normal, then bring in the BP again but dont overdue it. I dont think you will be risking a breakout but i think its worth it since your skin probbaly isnt looking that great being dry as hell anyway.

thanks white. i will try to take a few days break. luckily my skin is now only dry. it dont looks like red and irritated. anyway, as u said, it worth a try.

Yeah, I meant that you can make your own 2.5% bp by mixing a higher concentration with moisturiser. It's a makeshift solution if you don't want to/can't order Dan's gel.

I use Paula's Choice sunblock (you can order this off the internet too) but I know that Vichy makes some of the best sunblock around, if it doesn't break you out. Someone on here had great success with the oil-free SPF15 - I think it's a mousse, not a cream, but I could be wrong. See if you can get a sample at the counter and try it out. Personally, it broke me out, but we're all different...