Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
123456789q

AGH, cheilitis and peely lip skin

i'm about 3 months into my accutane course (40 mg daily) and angular cheilitis is wreaking havoc on my mouth. (cracked/splitting skin at the corners of the mouth) just wondering if anyone else gets this annoying problem. Also, does anyone else get lip skin that just constantly peels or rubs right off? i'm not even clear yet, grrr.

i'm about 3 months into my accutane course (40 mg daily) and angular cheilitis is wreaking havoc on my mouth. (cracked/splitting skin at the corners of the mouth) just wondering if anyone else gets this annoying problem. Also, does anyone else get lip skin that just constantly peels or rubs right off? i'm not even clear yet, grrr.

Yes, it seems to be a common side effect. Buy some 1% hydrocortisone cream (I use Cortizone 10) and apply it to the corners of your mouth at night. You can apply it during the day, as well, you'll just look a little greasy around your mouth. It absolutely saved me! My angular cheilitis got really bad during my second month, but I haven't had a problem since I began using the hydrocortisone (I'm now at the end of my fourth month). I haven't been applying the cream non-stop this whole time, just when the corners of my mouth start getting really dry until they feel somewhat normal again.

Good luck!

Oh, and yeah, peely lips is common too.

Use Aquaphor healing lip ointment. I apply it like 10 times a day. Its super thick and the only thing that works for me. I bought it after researching posts on here. Walmart.