Notifications
Clear all

Washcloths?

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 08/17/2010 3:10 pm

Okay, so I know most people say not to use a washcloth on acne because they are harsh and abrasive. But I went to Walmart and purchased some baby washcloths which are really soft and have been using them on my face at night time only with my regular cleanser. I notice that my pores seem cleaner than from just washing with my hands and my acne seems to be disappearing more and more. What are your thoughts? Yes or no to washcloths?

MemberMember
(@fedupofadultacne)

Posted : 08/17/2010 4:19 pm

If it works for you go with it! I prefer washing my face as the face wipes or cleaning lotions dont seem to clean my pores properly. I am using garnier gentle face wash at the moment as I spend a fortune on dermalogica dermal clay cleanser (bought a large bottle as I thought it was bound to be good) & it hasnt made an ouce of a difference. If anythink my skin looks abit more grotty/less radiant from using the medibac range. However the overnight clearing gel did get alot of gunk of of my pores as after my morning shower they would be oozing right out of my nose & between eyebrows! But strangely my nose pores were a bottomless pit as the gunk would be there begging to be squeezed out every single day! i dont know where it all cones from!

MemberMember
(@cupcakecouture)

Posted : 08/18/2010 12:05 pm

i usually use cotton pads to wash my face instead of washclothes because to me they seem a little harsh

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 08/18/2010 12:33 pm

I don't use any manual exfoliation now except for the baby brush method- I found scrubs and washcloths always pulled on my skin and left it red in places. If it works, go for it- the thing with a washcloth though is that you have to wash it regularly to prevent bacteria build-up.

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 08/18/2010 2:54 pm

I don't use any manual exfoliation now except for the baby brush method- I found scrubs and washcloths always pulled on my skin and left it red in places. If it works, go for it- the thing with a washcloth though is that you have to wash it regularly to prevent bacteria build-up.

I use a new one every time. I rarely use scrubs because they all seem to be too abrasive for my skin, but the baby washcloths are soooo soft and it's not like using a regular washcloth.

MemberMember
(@much-happier)

Posted : 08/20/2010 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share something that sorted my own skin problems out BIG TIME! I've spent a gazillion pounds on expensive products, wasted loads of cash on all manner of prescribed creams (none of which worked at all) and grown utterly disillusioned with the GPs 'pinch of salt' attitude towards my - frankly painful as well as unsightly - skin problems. My sister also had bad skin problems and when I noticed how improved hers was, I was gobsmacked when she revealed that all she was doing was using Johnson's fragrance free baby wipes. It only took a couple of weeks to see some serious improvement and now its rare for me to get a break out. I don't wash with water at all and I seriously cake on the make-up (less now, since there's only scarring to cover up), I do go through the wipes (3 at a time) but I had been spending fortunes on face washes and treatments and I cannot begin to tell you how much happier I am in my own face now.

Important:

1. Don't use any other brand.

2. Only use fragrance free.

I realise it sounds like I work for Johnsons - I don't know what it is they use (or don't use) in these things - but I am so, so grateful they make them. I have also wondered if I am allergic to something used in our drinking water.

Give it a try!

MemberMember
(@someday)

Posted : 08/22/2010 7:55 am

My only concerns would be the potential for irritation and that if you use them more than once they could pick up dirt and bacteria. If you are using a new one or every time then fine - but that could work out quite expensive no?

That said, I think manual exfoliation is definitely a good way to go - that and proper moisturizing have helped me no end. I use the babybrush too.

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 08/22/2010 2:27 pm

My only concerns would be the potential for irritation and that if you use them more than once they could pick up dirt and bacteria. If you are using a new one or every time then fine - but that could work out quite expensive no?

That said, I think manual exfoliation is definitely a good way to go - that and proper moisturizing have helped me no end. I use the babybrush too.

I guess it could be expensive, but I bought a pack of them at Walmart for like 94 cents. So 12 baby washcloths (I bought 3 packs) cost me less than $3.

MemberMember
(@ms-fitness)

Posted : 09/04/2010 9:50 am

Okay, so I know most people say not to use a washcloth on acne because they are harsh and abrasive. But I went to Walmart and purchased some baby washcloths which are really soft and have been using them on my face at night time only with my regular cleanser. I notice that my pores seem cleaner than from just washing with my hands and my acne seems to be disappearing more and more. What are your thoughts? Yes or no to washcloths?

You may be on to something b/c I have read articles regarding exfoliating with soft wash clothes and the benefits behind it (have to use a clean one each time). I am going to be giving it a try myself.. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 09/04/2010 12:37 pm

You may be on to something b/c I have read articles regarding exfoliating with soft wash clothes and the benefits behind it (have to use a clean one each time). I am going to be giving it a try myself.. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

Let me know how it works out. Just be sure to buy some baby washcloths. I haven't been doing it lately and my face looks horrible. I need to start again.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/13/2011 6:44 pm

bump. Did these washcloths cause your acne to scar?

MemberMember
(@caitlyn2011)

Posted : 04/28/2012 9:01 pm

I know this is an old topic but I have been using baby wash cloths too.They are gentle but just enough to make the skin soft and clean looking.I have very sensitive skin so sensitive I use diluted bp on my face once every other day and wash it off after 10min Im hoping for my skin to get use to it Ive tried bp so many times an i end up with red crusty skin if I use it on over night after 2-3 days I end red peeling an sore and if I continue I get crusty nasty skin but any way back to the subject.The baby wash cloths are great my skin looks awesome and not irritated at all most scrubs make me red and i cant use them very often so this is a great alternative.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 04/30/2012 11:09 am

I use a clean washcloth on my face with gentle pressure and CeraVe cleanser. About three times a week I use a Clarisonic. After each use, I wash the Clarisonic brush head with soap and water, and then let it sit overnight in hydrogen peroxide to disinfect.

MemberMember
(@slumpey)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:00 pm

Interesting... what is the correct way to use the baby washcloths? Rrecommendation for a baby brush?

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 05/15/2013 9:44 pm

I know this is an old thread...but I agree! I can't say for sure, because I've only used the washcloth on Sunday and then tonight on Wednesday. I've been getting these awful "hormonal breakouts" (That's what I thought they were) I won't know until next week-ish because that's when I get those mid-cycle pimples. But my skin looks really good! I ordered some SA, but now I'm not sure I should use it. Maybe just sticking with the washcloth will be a better idea. Problem is...when I go to rural India this summer for my internship, the washcloth thing might not work. Really hard to keep things clean there...