Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadcaroline

im hungry all the time! will anything help it?

im on a special diet, but i feel hungry all of the time.. no matter how much of the stuff im allowed i eat, i never feel full, its so exhausting. i cant go off the diet, because i am insulin resistant. do yall have any suggestions? its so uncomfortable sad.gif i only eat 3 meals a day, which usually consist of 8 oz of grilled chicken, salmon or turkey, an a large side of one veggie (usually zuchinni, asparagus, or a large spinach salad) i was thinking maybe if i made my meals smaller, and ate more frequently, an maybe added brown rice protein shakes or soemthing, i am also trying to lose weight,, so please, any advice is greatly apprieciated.. thanks!!! caroline

Drink more water! smile.gif

I know it could be a bit difficult with your 'water before/after meals' diet thing, Caroline, but if you drink a lot more water, especially at times when you feel hunger pangs, I think it'd help a lot. Can't be bad for you in terms of weight loss either, I'd imagine.

Hope this helps.

Also, I don't think it's the quantity of meals you're eating a day that's the problem - I'd say 3 seems enough, and normal. I guess you could consider increasing.

Could you also not just try snacking on fruit, inbetween meals?

You probably don't want to do this but I've heard of the "Cambridge diet" where people just smoke, they lose a lot of weight but the ciggarettes are quite expensive.

cynic, i will definitely try to drink more water, i also just remembered, i just started taking b complex and zinc a few days back.. and from what i remember up until a few days back i was doing fairly well on the diet.. got a little hungry some, but not too much.. so maybe its the supplements? fruit is a great idea as well, but i had to eliminate it, because it spikes my insulin so much, ive had to eliminate so many foods, there literally nothing that i can eat, LOL at ciggs bounty :-P

SC: Flax oil seems to be very effective at reducting hunger. Have you got any? What about low glycemic fruits like stone fruits, apples, and pears?

im on flax oil right now, but i have a feeling its the zinc/ b complex doing this, i did a search on the board, an it seems these two vitamins seem to cause alot of hunger. so hopefully thats whats going on here.. i think im gonna stop taking them before i pop out of my clothes tongue.gif

SC:  Flax oil seems to be very effective at reducting hunger.  Have you got any?  What about low glycemic fruits like stone fruits, apples, and pears?

I would eat smaller meals and space them out through the day.. eating 5-6 small meals/day increases your metabolism, and gives the body the energy it needs without having to starve yourself

When you are eating less than you consume, you will get hungry. That's the body's way of saying: eat more, I'm shrinking here!

Try to eat smaller meals more often. 5-6 times a day is good as Makaveli said. Especially protein and also fat will keep you satiated better than carbs, but being hungry is part of losing weight. Ketogenic diet is somewhat of an exception to that rule, but you don't feel like an Energizer bunny in that diet either.

Also how much are you eating below your maintanence energy level? If you reduce the amount of calories too much, you will of course feel tired and hungry. 500 calories below maintance is enough, if you don't have a huge amount of weight to lose.

Try drinking 8oz glass of water before every meal, spreading them out some and eat 5-6 meals a day like everyone else said.

Still hungry add another veggie.

Hard boiled eggs are packed protein and are an easy snack. Eat a few nuts. Pisachios(sp?) are good and are low cal!

How long have you been dieting? Often times your body will need a few weeks to get used to the smaller portions and then you should start to feel full again.

Do you count calories? Are you eating enough cals?

You should mutiply your desired weight by 12 if you aren't doing any extra excercise, mutiply by 13 if you do light excercise and 16 if you do strenous excercise. That way you know you are eating enough and your body is using the stored fat for energy and not taking away from your muscle mass.

Make sense?

EX. you want to weigh 120.

No excercise, (120*12)Eat 1440 cals.

You walk on treadmill for 40 mins at reg pace(120*13)Eat 1560 cals.

You run 4 miles (120*16)Eat 1920 cals.

Are you excercising?

Weight training is absolutly essential to tone up your body and get lean. I have yet to start but know I will be when I am closer to my goal weight and have money to join a gym. You don't need a gym but I think if I am paying for a membership that I will go so as I am not wasting my money!

I drink Whey Protein shakes made by Designer mixed with milk. I only drink one a day though because I am trying to lose about 8lbs and shakes are made to help bulk you up. Dairy is an important key in weight loss as well.

Stay as far away from anything processed!

I take CLAw/Guarana 2 times a day to help eliminate cellulite and help use up stored fat and promot(sp?) muscle mass. The Guarana is a type of caffiene and makes the CLA work faster. You can take these two seperate, just limit the Guarana to 50mcgs per 1000g of CLA. Do not take the CLA with fiber! Messes with its absorption.

Sorry so long! These are some tips I got from SKY on American Gladiators. (do you remember that show?)

Hope I have helped some! smile.gif

Brooklyn

Sadcaroline- i have been following ur posts so keep going

just wanted to rec a website called fitday.com so u could keep track of your calories and make sure u are getting enough per day. good luck

> i only eat 3 meals a day, which usually consist of 8 oz of grilled chicken, salmon or turkey, an a large side of one veggie (usually zuchinni, asparagus, or a large spinach salad)

um after a while u get use to not eating.. also eating fruits and vegetables and cheese make you feel full.

Bountyhunter.....nice pic, i assume your a star wars fan, so i must ask if your pumped for the Kenobi vs. Skywalker lightsaber fight this may

I dont really read through this message board under this topic.. but I know one thing is truly working for me.. EAT FAT. smile.gif Include fat to ur diet. It is not easy to add fat to ur diet if u dont include animal fat such as butter and cheese.

Stimulants work wonders for suppressing appetite; I've heard good things about Xenadrine NRG from friends.

linoleic acid (cla version) really took away my hunger. i wasn't even trying for that. i just read it was good for acne. i got it and the next day i was wondering why i had no appetite. the only thing i could think of that was different about my routine was the cla. i looked it up and read it helps with appetite because it's making better use of the nutrition in food. pretty powerful stuff since i noticed it the first day taking it of only 800mg.

take evening primrose oil. it helps balance out your hormones as well as take away your appetite (at least it did for me)