Notifications
Clear all

Candida Diet Log First 10 Pages. Raw Vegan Log (80/10/10) Page 11. Starting A Water Fast Page 11.. First Post Has Conclusion

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/16/2010 10:23 pm

Feb 16 2012 update on what has been helping

I have experimented with a lot of things.. The candida diet, zapping machines, water fasts, the frutarian diet etc.. What worked you ask? Am I clear yet?

Well right now I am in ANOTHER water fast it is my 3rd day so far.. And guess what organ is detoxing once again? My SKIN.. So right at the moment I am not clear only one small pimple on the left side of my chin which is awesome. before the water fast was I clear? Yes I was not perfect but nothing active. I will answer some questions you may have.

Did the candida diet work?

Maybe to cleanse my system of the candida (if there ever was any) but in the long term NO the diet does not work. You have to take far to many supplements among other things for this to be a natural diet that people should be on. In the end I think it actually made things worse for the texture of my skin because of all of the odd supplementation and no LIVE fruits and veggies.

Am I glad I went on the candida diet?

Yes I am! It taught me a lot about my body. I enjoyed the diet overall and it was a great learning experience.

Would I go back to that diet?

No not in a million years! It was to strainous not to mention your body is not suppose to be acidic all the time which is what meat primarily does to the body.

Did it clear me?

Never 100% It did for the most part but after it cleared me the acne came back and my skin texture looked gross

How long did you water fast?

36 days

What did the water fast do?

It healed a ton of scars, smoothed the texture of my skin and got me eating healthy again and off of all the meat and oil. My skin healed so much on the water fast it was amazing. I am actually doing another one right now. On my third day and my last blackhead is starting to come out smile.png. The first water fast got rid of all my other blackheads and filled in my pores and scares that had formed from the off supplementation of the candida diet.

How did you break the water fast?

Watermelon juice and then fruits

What have you been eating since the water fast?

:Lots of fruits and veggies! Lots of carbs. I experimented a little after and figured out if I eat mostly fruits and a tin bit of veggies I stay clear. When I tried to bring in potatoes and butter I started breaking out again. Went right back to the fruit diet and was clear again. Not to mention my skin just looks healthier and people have actually complemented my skin since I have been on the fruit diet. You are suppose to eat 80% of your calories from carbs in the form of fruits, 10% protein (also getting from fruits and veggies) , and 10% fat (also from fruits and veggies). Yes sometimes I have more avocado then needed but I love this diet and I am enjoying eating again compared to the candida diet where I felt deprived from things that were sweet.

So what do you eat now?

Apples, oranges, apricots, plums, avocado, lettuce, kale, watermelon, honey due, blackberry, raspberry, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, peaches, mango, papaya, bananas and well you get the idea! Those are just some of the fruits and veggies that I eat! I also make a green drink a few days of the week or just whenever I can. I use anything from broccoli, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, etc. I try to eat about 1400-2500 calories per day of these foods. I eat chia seeds sometimes and will try to add nuts in. I also have salmon (raw mostly) or tuna (also raw) wrapped in seaweed if I am really craving it. I did cheat and ate sweet potato and butter but after a few days of that I was breaking out so if I do cheat it will only be once in a while. This diet makes your body primarily alkaline.

How do you transition?

Very slowly.. I went straight into a water fast and you cant break a water fast with anything from the candida diet like chicken or fish or oils so I had to start eating fruit. That's when I noticed changes! So my transition was immediate right after water fasting. Douglas Grahams book 80/10/10 has been helping me stay on track. Not 100% sure if I will be 80/10/10 but I am going more in that direction right now.

Will you expect healing reactions such as breakouts from a water fast or the raw food diet?

Yes I went through them but now I look almost like my old self before I ever had acne smile.png Wish I would of found this before I tried dermarolling, facials, supplements, the candida diet, creams, lotions, products etc.. My skin would be perfect if I had found this diet before..

How much exercise do you do everyday?

I try to run 30 minutes to an hour every day. I also lift weights and to strength core workouts like yoga 3+ times per week. My endurance is better then ever and this is the first time I have ever been able to run an hour at a time without getting tired.

Here is my old log.. I don't want to delete it because I feel everything I went though should stay here because it was a huge learning process for me smile.png I'll add more as I learn more. I'll cross out what really didn't help me and add on what had been helping me now

1) Find out your allergins (for example eggs break me out really bad)

2) Go on the candida diet strictly (taking the coconut oil everyday)

3) Exercise everyday (at least 3 miles and do legs/arma/chest/stomach workouts too

4) No picking!!!!!!!!!!

5) Clarisonic skin brush (worth the $$$$)

6) High frequency machine (you dont need it but it did help when I has big bumps) However now I dont use it at all and I am clear smile.gif

7) Red light therapy (for scars)

8) READING healing books....LIKE

Eckhart Tolle-A new earth awakening to your lifes purpose

Louise L. Hay-You can heal your life

9) Raw food vegan diet of mostly fruits and veggies. High carb and low fat 80/10/10

Please read these books if you have acne or symptoms of BDD like looking in the mirror all day or avioding mirrors all together... VERY important to have SELF LOVE before your acne will go away

10) Most important is to LOVE YOURSELF.. It will persist no matter the diet until you truly do smile.png

Other things that helped....

1) My diet contained no carbohydrates for 3/4 months besides the ones in nuts and veggies. For three months all I ate was salmon, veggies, and almond butter/nuts. However, I have now cut out nuts completely including almond butter.. You have to cut out nuts because they are so hard on your digestive system if it is not balanced. Cheating with nuts is okay once in a while though!

I still eat Lots of fish which has the good natural omegas. My diet consists mostly of salmon, shrimp, zucchini, onions, spinach, avocados, broccoli, green peppers, green veggies, and chicken, turkey, coconut oil, red peppers, sea salt, pepper, ginger, various natural spices, and almost any veggie.

2) Red/infrared light and blue acne light used almost every day for the first four months.. now since my skin is almost clear I use it about once or twice a month. **Update** I do not use the blu light at all anymore. Now I use the red/infared LED light about 1-4x per month.

3) Around 2000 mg taurine powder everyday + b-complex 25 + seltzer water (stopped taking taurine however I didnt want to delete it because I did do t for he first 6 months or so of this diet)

4) Acupuncture (was not a cure all but helped with my stress and get me more balanced).. Update.. Met another acupuncturist who (the real deal who doesnt even speak english) and he said my chin area had no blood circulation (the area where I break out) he stuck 2 needles in my face by my chin and a bunch all over my body. He also gave me a bad of some kind of herb or something. Ever since my skin hasnt broken out at all... But it has only been a week. My best advice is find a GREAT acpuncturist.. Someone with over 20 years experience.. They should beable to read your pulse with and know exactly what is wrong with you.

5) Drink only water.. (about 9 glasses a day or 13 if you are a boy) (not needed if you consume tons of fruit)

6) Exercise.. I wanted to add this because it's VERY important to help with my stress.. My choice of stress relief is running, dance, and yoga.. Remember stress=acne

I also wanted to add meditation to this section. Since I have started meditating I feel a lot more balanced and better about my skin texture.

7) Vitamins and supplements I have been taking everyday are

1000-4000 mg vitamin C

b complex 25 or 50 2x per day along with 100mg niacin 2x per day

calcium

vitamin D (1000 mg)

magnesium

vitamin A/zinc/selenium/vitamin E

1 tablespoon full of cod liver oil (when I dont eat fish).. Havnt been doing this lately because I take 20,000 IU vitamin A instead along with vitamin D and I eat salmon a lot!

1 teaspoon full of celtic sea salt

HCL supplement (only when I had digestive problems which I dont have anymore so I dont need HCL anymore)

1 tablespoon full of olive oil (sometimes)

colostrum (2 pills every morning)

YOU get ALL the vitamins you need from FRUIT and VEGGIES! (I also have fish once in a while for B12)

8) Coconut oil (5-6 tablespoons a day)... Update.. I only take about 1-3 tablespoons per day now since I am healthy smile.gif

9) Apple cider vinegar.. Update.. Dont really take this anymore but it did help when I did take it!)

10) No harsh products on my face

1) Exfoliate once or twice a week with Clarisonic skin brush I only do it when I see excess skin once every great while

12) 20 minutes of sun everyday

13) oil pulling (you swish coconut oil in your mouth one to three times per day for about 20 minutes and then spit it out.. it pulls lots of toxins out)

Things the broke me out at some point during is experiment

1) Carrots (I have drank carrot juice everyday for weeks and had no breakouts so I guess it was just a detox symptom)

Not sure about the rest of this stuff but ill leave it up here.. I haven't really tried eating it since the fast so I cant so what it would do as of 2012

2) Coffee

3) 85% dark chocolate

4) Diet coke

5) Sugar free red bull

6)Lobster

7) Nuts gave me minor breakouts on my chin but nothing to bad

8) Asparagus

PS. My acupuncturist said that I have 'allergins' and bad circulation.. Which I suspect had something to do with my acne issues. I'll keep everyone updated! I wanted to add one last thing though.. Everynight I started listenig to these CD's by Kelly Howell. All of he CD's are good but right now I reccomend Living prayer, Universal Mind Meditation, Weight Loss, and Positive Thinking. She has helped me a ton change my thinking from negative acne thoughts, to positive beautiful thoughts.

The KEY to clear skin is not only diet and exercise.. But far more important is your THOUGHTS and BALANCE in LIFE. Until you can look in the mirror at youself and truly say I LOVE YOU and I ACCEPT MYSELF just as you are, you will probably still have problems with acne. (Acne stems from dislike of the self) Good luck to all..

~First Post~

Hi everyone! So I decided to start a log to track my progress.. I have been on the candida diet for about 2 weeks now.. And just started back with the taurine+b complex 2 days ago. I had a huge breakout from carrots (5 huge organic ones which was a minor setback from the diet)..Which gave me 10 huge pimples/cysts on my chin and jawline.. And a couple on my forehead. I was almost clear before the carrots only one pimple on my chin. I also have an allergy test in progress which the results should be in in a few days.

All I eat is fish.. No red meat..No chicken.. Just fish with a little lemon and all different kinds of veggies..some hummus and almond butter..

My face wash is from a local lady who makes her own with no harsh chemicals.. I use no products like benzoyl peroxide because my skin is SO sensitive.

Today my diet/supplements consisted of

Food: salmon/spinach

zucchini/onions with salt pepper and garlic powder

red lettuce and spinach salad with 2 avocados and extra virgin olive oil and lemon

Yogi stomach ease tea

Lots of water..Some with probiotics and come with emergence C

Fresh Ahi tuna with lemon

Garlic

Yogi Detox tea

Almond Butter

Supplements: ca/zn/mg

3000 mg taurine

50 b-complex

vitamin E

Probiotics

emergence C (1000mg)

Current skin condition: 10 pimples on chin are dieing down.. 2 on forehead are surfacing not really getting better or worse.. Since I have been on taurine I can tell they are drying out

If you have any advice on supplements etc please let me know!

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/17/2010 2:45 pm

Day 2 of my log.. Day 14 of the Candida diet

When I woke up today my acne was a lot less inflamed and red and I feel a lot better about the outbreak on my chin. My forehead is pushing everything out that was in (only 2-3 minor pimples).. The huge cyst on my chin does not hurt anymore. Face seems to be dry..but not in a bad way.

Food:

Salmon/spinach/avocado/lemon

water with probiotics

yogi stomach ease tea

Salmon and broccoli with hummus

Almond butter

Onion and zucchini with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper

Supplements:

3000 mg taurine

1000mg emergen C

probiotics

zn/ca/mg

50 B complex

MemberMember
(@navaro)

Posted : 08/17/2010 2:53 pm

Wow its nice to know your getting results. I wonder whether rotating a couple of antifungals within your diet would help, theres alot out there and also introducing a probiotic would be beneficial at some point.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/17/2010 7:08 pm

Wow its nice to know your getting results. I wonder whether rotating a couple of antifungals within your diet would help, theres alot out there and also introducing a probiotic would be beneficial at some point.

I want to add in anti fungals but for right now I have been eating raw garlic. I have some olive leaf extract but I'm trying to get my face clear before I add in more supplements so I can see the reaction. I take probiotics right now.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/18/2010 7:04 pm

When I woke up today everything looked a lot better. Everything on my chin is getting better not worse, and the same goes for my forehead. I do have one pimple surfacing on the left side of my cheek by my nose.. which is weird because I don't normally get pimples there. But I think I caused that myself by trying to get a whitehead out with Q-tips and then it turned into a red/white head. I made an appointment with an acupuncturist so hopefully that will get the candida under control a little bit more. My appointment is on Friday and my allergy tests should be back by then too.

Food:

Salmon and avocado

Sugar free red bull

Almond butter

Ahi tuna with lemon

Broccoli with hummus

Raw Garlic

Avocado

Supplements:

3000 mg taurine

1000 mg C

zn/ca/mg

B- complex

Probiotics

Exercise: washed and vacuumed my whole car, cleaned house, and swam in pool.. the sun also seems to have helped my forehead

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/19/2010 7:31 pm

No new pimples..One on cheek is dieing down.. There is one little bump by my ear. Chin has calmed down almost 100% but there are still a few bumps on the right side. My forehead has calmed down about 80%.. But I feel one pimple by my eye brow. I feel pretty good not great about my skin... But seeing as how I wouldn't even go out of the house a couple months ago this is a lot of progress for me.. I am starting to look in the mirror in the light with out cringing! I still have tons of flaws but if this really works than it will be the first thing to work in about 2-3 years.. Let me add that it is possible to feel to full on this diet! I think I ate so much fish veggies and almond butter today I actually feel bloated :( If anyone has any veggie ideas that taste realy good let me know!! I'm so simple I have just been cooking the same thing everyday.

Just ate a bunch of garlic. And I kinda hav a headache now.. Could this b die off? If anyone else eats garlic how much do you eat?

Food:

Spinach and butter

Ahi Tuna (2 servings)

Zucchini and onion (2 servings)

Almond butter

Lots of water

Raw Garlic

Supplements:

3000mg taurine

1000mg emergence C

zn/ca/mg

Probiotics

B-complex 50

Exercise:

swam in pool..walked about 20-30 minutes..cleaned house

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/20/2010 1:36 pm

I woke up today with my face looking even better..! I know it sounds crazy that it happened so quick.. I mean I still have bumps and my skin isn't perfect yet but it's such a big improvement that I don't feel ugly anymore.. I still have some scars and there is one pimple surfacing by my eyebrow.. If I can edit my pictures enough I will post some to prove it.. I'm still not sure if it's the taurine + b-complex or diet.. I think it has a little to do with both but mostly the taurine.. I might try to test it by eating chocolate or something! But I'm going to wait till I'm 100% clear so I can know that it was the diet the affected me most. All in all I feel taurine + b-complex = miracle pills!

Here is an awesome post and it's the reason I tried taurine + b-complex...

It has no known side effects except it can make you thirsty.. So if anyone else is doing this expirment pls post here and let me know if it's working for you. You have to be on a no-sugar diet though for it to work.

www.acne.org/messageboard/Fructose-Insulin-Tauri-t178851.html

Food:

Salmon and lemon

Salmon and broccoli

Spinach and butter

Artichoke

Garlic

Almond butter

Diet Dr.Pepper

Supplements:

3000mg taurine

1000mg emergence C

zn/ca/mg

Probiotics

B-complex 50

Health:

Acupuncture session number one...went really well.. I do feel better. Right after I felt like I could barely drive home and when people called me during the ride I had to get of the phone because of the treatment. A few hours after I felt even better and have had more energy in my body.

I am actually feeling like I am gaining weight or back to my normal weight again :/.. I have been noticing that my legs look kinda fatty...which might be the almond butter.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/21/2010 3:02 am

Don't know what I ate but I feel two cyst like pimples on my chin..they hurt.. All that I can think of that would cause this is butter or to much almond butter or maybe I ate to much frustose that's in the lemon I had on my fish...maybe the acupuncture? I also had a diet drink. Does anyone know if that can cause a reaction? I took an extra dose of taurine pills just now so maybe they will go down by the morning. :/

Update for the morning- The 2 pimples did not get much worse but haven't really gotten better either..they are still red and they still hurt.. maybe the taurine will make them go down by the end of the day..No butter, lemon or almond butter for me today

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/21/2010 8:43 pm

Now that i'm thinking about it I think diet drinks may have caused this breakout on my chin. Because I was completely clear and then I had one diet dr.pepper and my chin broke out a few hours later. Then today I had some more diet drink when I was at the mall.. (Normally I don't drink any at all).. And since then I think my acne is a little bit more painful.

Food:

Salmon and avocado

Some kinda fish I forget the name

Avocado

More diet sode (mistake)

Salmon and brccoli

1 spoonful of Almond butter

Supplements:

3000mg taurine

1000mg emergence C

zn/ca/mg

Probiotics

B-complex 50

Here is a website the links diet coke to acne

www.skinfitnessfacts.com/news/2008/diet-coke-may-cause-acne/

MemberMember
(@cheycheyenne)

Posted : 08/22/2010 9:52 am

Hey. Are you drinking caffeine free soda pop? The caffeine is the culprit since it's diet (sugar-free). The aspartame in diet coke causes you to become hungrier and may also give you cravings so I'd try to stay away from it + caffeine kills gut flora.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/22/2010 5:03 pm

Hey. Are you drinking caffeine free soda pop? The caffeine is the culprit since it's diet (sugar-free). The aspartame in diet coke causes you to become hungrier and may also give you cravings so I'd try to stay away from it + caffeine kills gut flora.

Yeah I had to learn my lesson the hard way I guess. No more diet soda at all for me. :/ I had a horrible reaction and the pimple on my chin has only gotten worse. But I am still thankful because I remember how bad my acne was a few months ago and 2 cysts on my chin is nothing compared to what it use to be. The one on my chin hurts pretty bad. :(.. Hopefully a good diet + the taurine will make it go down before school starts.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/22/2010 8:59 pm

Update: This morning my pimple on my chin hurt pretty badly and actually seemed worse from yesterday. Since then it has gone down a bit and hurts a little less. No new pimples.. Forehead is looking pretty good! (knock on wood)..

Food:

Salmon and avocado

Half a clove of garlic

1 tsb almond butter

More stuff I can't remember

Supplements:

3000mg taurine

zn/ca/mg

Probiotics

B-complex 50

Exercise:

Ran

Swam

Skateboarded

Went to the beach and walked

MemberMember
(@thatprimalguy)

Posted : 08/23/2010 5:15 am

Nice to see someone else trying/possibly getting results from taurine and such - are you taking the pills or the powder?

Good luck with it regardless

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/23/2010 4:39 pm

Nice to see someone else trying/possibly getting results from taurine and such - are you taking the pills or the powder?

Good luck with it regardless

I am taking the pills right now. I was having really good results but ever since I drank that diet soda the cyst on my chin will not go away! Is there any brand that you recommend? Also is there anything you noticed that you couldn't eat with the taurine? Also are you still getting results and do you take 3000 mg a day? Sry so many questions!

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/23/2010 4:45 pm

Food:

Mahi Mahi

Zucchini and onions

More mahi mahi

Spinach

Red bell pepper/shallot/zucchini

Supplement:

2000 mg Taurine

50 B complex

1000 mg vitamin C

1 zn/ca/mg

Update on acne:

There is a mountain on my chin! From the diet coke I think

Forehead looks good

2 small white heads on left cheek and one small one on right.. Maybe it's the stress from school..Thinking about switching to taurine powder

My face still overall looks better then it did before but these new ones have me confused.. I had a tsb full of almond butter yesterday so maybe I just cant have sugar at all :( I also ate a lot of garlic yesterday so maybe it's a die off.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/24/2010 12:21 am

Stress=Acne

Since school has started I have that weird pimple on my right cheek by my nose which I never get pimples there! I have a huge cyst that is filled with something that is unpoppable on my chin. And a new tiny one has surfaced above my left top lip... So as good as I was going school/stress seems to be a big problem with me healing. Does anyone know anything I can do? I am going to try to exercise more and just hope this taurine starts working like it was last week. The one on my chin is so painful :(

Does anyone think to much fish can cause you to be oily?

MemberMember
(@thatprimalguy)

Posted : 08/24/2010 7:48 am

Hey biology,

Sorry I didn't get back to you straight away, I only log in occasionally. To answer your questions, as best I can:

1) It took about 7-10 days before I saw significant results.. I fluctuated for maybe a month after that figuring out a good way to take it. I stopped for a few days and went backwards, etc. But after the first 10 days on it I never got as bad as I had been again.

2) I use Taurine Powder from the Melbourne Food Depot (Which probably isn't much use to you if you're not australian) but before I ordered in bulk I used Musashi powder (but at 75 grams per container, they only last like 20 days). I order 500 gram containers which makes it very cost effective. Any powder (whether they call it Taurine or L-Taurine) is the same as long as its certified pure (no filler)

3) Powder - never tried the pills (I'm repeating myself to answer in order ;) )

4) I've found that I can eat a lot of things as long as I take my taurine regularly and in the right way. I've found things like pizza (fatty/gluteny) don't really seem to effect my skin anymore. Sugar will still affect me if I have enough of it, but way less than before. I usually don't eat much sugar anyway, but when I broke down and had like 3 plates of desserts at my girlfriend's 21st, I only ended up with 3-4 moderate whiteheads (and that has been my worst breakout in the last 5-6 months). I eat bread occasionally - I'm not sure if it effects me, I've never been able to pin anything down.

5) I think it might depend on what else you're doing. For instance, I got a pretty bad relapse about 2 or 3 weeks in after staying at the beach for a while (I'm not sure if it was sunscreen or what). I still got occasional pimples and stuff for 2 months maybe while I sorted things out, but after 6 months my face is usually 100%. My body, on the other hand, fluctuates a bit with arms/back, but I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

I took about 3000 g's for the first month or two, but now I take about 5000 g's (2500 g's in the morning and at night). I've also developed a routine based on some discussion that was held a while back on the taurine thread, about increasing it's effectiveness. Because people noticed that red bull tended to be more effective than the powder alone, some of us combined it with soda water (to get the fizziness of a soft drink, which helps digestion) and lemon juice (to get the acidity up). I've found that particularly the lemon helps a great deal - my results were much less consistent before I included that. What I do now is, first thing in the morning, juice half a lemon, take my taurine powder down with soda water (straight from the spoon, the powder doesn't mix well) and then drink the lemon juice like a shot. It takes a minute or two, but I've been doing that morning and night for months and it's kept me clear (And I was hopeless before that). The health store guy who first sold it to me told me it should be taken on an empty stomach and with some kind of juice/acid to digest it, so I've followed that pretty strictly.

Hope that helps :)

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/24/2010 7:44 pm

Hey biology,

Sorry I didn't get back to you straight away, I only log in occasionally. To answer your questions, as best I can:

1) It took about 7-10 days before I saw significant results.. I fluctuated for maybe a month after that figuring out a good way to take it. I stopped for a few days and went backwards, etc. But after the first 10 days on it I never got as bad as I had been again.

2) I use Taurine Powder from the Melbourne Food Depot (Which probably isn't much use to you if you're not australian) but before I ordered in bulk I used Musashi powder (but at 75 grams per container, they only last like 20 days). I order 500 gram containers which makes it very cost effective. Any powder (whether they call it Taurine or L-Taurine) is the same as long as its certified pure (no filler)

3) Powder - never tried the pills (I'm repeating myself to answer in order ;) )

4) I've found that I can eat a lot of things as long as I take my taurine regularly and in the right way. I've found things like pizza (fatty/gluteny) don't really seem to effect my skin anymore. Sugar will still affect me if I have enough of it, but way less than before. I usually don't eat much sugar anyway, but when I broke down and had like 3 plates of desserts at my girlfriend's 21st, I only ended up with 3-4 moderate whiteheads (and that has been my worst breakout in the last 5-6 months). I eat bread occasionally - I'm not sure if it effects me, I've never been able to pin anything down.

5) I think it might depend on what else you're doing. For instance, I got a pretty bad relapse about 2 or 3 weeks in after staying at the beach for a while (I'm not sure if it was sunscreen or what). I still got occasional pimples and stuff for 2 months maybe while I sorted things out, but after 6 months my face is usually 100%. My body, on the other hand, fluctuates a bit with arms/back, but I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

I took about 3000 g's for the first month or two, but now I take about 5000 g's (2500 g's in the morning and at night). I've also developed a routine based on some discussion that was held a while back on the taurine thread, about increasing it's effectiveness. Because people noticed that red bull tended to be more effective than the powder alone, some of us combined it with soda water (to get the fizziness of a soft drink, which helps digestion) and lemon juice (to get the acidity up). I've found that particularly the lemon helps a great deal - my results were much less consistent before I included that. What I do now is, first thing in the morning, juice half a lemon, take my taurine powder down with soda water (straight from the spoon, the powder doesn't mix well) and then drink the lemon juice like a shot. It takes a minute or two, but I've been doing that morning and night for months and it's kept me clear (And I was hopeless before that). The health store guy who first sold it to me told me it should be taken on an empty stomach and with some kind of juice/acid to digest it, so I've followed that pretty strictly.

Hope that helps :)

Thank You so much for your reply. :) I think I am going to try the now foods taurine powder. I started the pills about 10 days ago and saw great results the first week and then I noticed when school started I broke out a little but now that we are into the first week everything is calming down again. Thank You for letting me know that you should take it on an empty stomach and to add lemon and bubbly water to it. I wasn't doing that and maybe my results will get better if I do. Thanks so much again for the reply!

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/24/2010 7:48 pm

Update: Everything is a lott better.. No more pain on my chin (thank goodness)

Exercise: Ran a 1.2 miles

Walked doggies

Walked up like 20 flights of stairs at school

Supplements:

3000 mg taurine

B-complex 50

Food:

I have a sad update.. I ate like 5 little bits of steak... But after eating it I realized im not missing much! Back to fish again for me :)

Mahi mahi

Salmon

Onions and Zucchini with salt pepper and garlic powder

Broccoli and hummus

Lots of alomnd butter!!! opps

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/24/2010 7:52 pm

Allergy update!

I'm allergic to eggs wheat and milk! They have to do more testing though which will probably show that I am allergic to a lot mor

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/26/2010 1:06 am

Update: couple white heads on chin but nothing major!

Food:

2 big pieces of salmon

2 servings of zucchini and onions (garlic salt, salt, pepper)

Broccoli and hummus

2 tsb almond butter

Seltzer water

Tea

Water

3 pieces gum ..opps

Supplements:

3000 mg taurine

b 50 complex

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/27/2010 12:55 am

I had a really bad eating day!! I ate so muchhh.. I hope I don't pay for it tomorrow...

Food:

like 1 pound salmon

Broccoli and hummus

1 whole onion and 1 1/2 zucchini (sale, garlic salt, pepper)

Way to much Almond butter

Supplements:

emergence C

3000 mg Taurine

B complex

Acne:

One kinda painful but small one under right bottom lip

a few others spread around chin

Forehead is great!

Cheeks are good.. besides my left side which has little tiny bumps on it (been there for a while just haven't noted them) .. but the right side doesn't have them

I'm still overly happy with my skin compared to before :)

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/27/2010 10:18 pm

Food:

2 servings salmon

2 servings zucchini and onion

85% dark chocolate with almond butter

seltzer water

Supplements:

2000 mg Emergence C

3000 mg taurine

vitamin B-complex

Acne:

feel great about it! chin is looking better then yesterday! nothing new :)

Exercise/health:

Acupuncture

Ran

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/29/2010 12:36 am

Food:

1 servings salmon

1 servings zucchini and onion

85% dark chocolate with almond butter

seltzer water

3 avacados

Broccoli and Hummus

Supplements:

3000 mg Emergence C

3000 mg taurine

vitamin B-complex

Acne:

doing pretty good one small but on left sife of chin....still feel amazingggggg and I got my taurine powder in the mail so I will be useing that instead... lets see if Inotice a difference..

Exercise/health:

swam a few laps

Ran

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 08/29/2010 9:26 pm

A couple breakouts surfaced on my chin during the day today... One on right right side.. one on my left.. And I don't know it just looks 'inflamed'.. So heres what I did that was weird today..

Ate more lemon then usual

Ate cherry tomatoes

Ate more hummus then usual

Had about 9 pieces( little squares) of dark chocolate (85% only 5 grams sugar per 4 pieces) the past 2 days (4 yesterday and 3 the day before and 2 today)

Kinda stressed about school

Switched to taurine powder

Drank 3000 mg emergen C

And my period might be starting soon so that could be it too

Had more salt with spinach so could be the iodine overload.. which now that I think of it may be the culprit

Food:

2 servings salmon

spinach

3 servings zucchini and onion

1 square 85% dark chocolate

Almond butter

3 Avocado

Seltzer water

Broccoli and hummus

Supplements:

taurine powder

b-complex

3000-4000 mg emergen C

Acne:

blah :/

took pix and still looks better then last week.. but I have 3 'under the skin' ones.. one of the 3 is starting to become painfull. Duno why I have so many ups and downssssssss.. I was feeling great last week and didnt have a care or stress.. Then today I started to get stressed out so stress may be the main cause .. not sure though

having visitors soon so hopefully it goes down