Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hei gals out there,

I hate to say this, but I think those who wear makeup seemed to look at us(who don't wear makeup and with spots all over our face)like we are unattractive at all. I got so fed-up at one occasion. I am a girl and I know how thick those gals put their makeup on trying to hide their flaws. If they like doing that and feel secure, then fine, but why the heck do they try to look down or give unpleasant remarks??

Frankly speaking, I have stopped using makeup because it just doesn't do any help along with Dan's regimen. I feel better when talking to someone up close. It's like I don't have to look away from their eyes when I'm talking eventhough the other person will not look into my eyes but at my spots. In short, I feel more confident. I know the feeling of using makeup, or a mask i should call it.

Just one question, what would all these gals do if one day, one fine day, there are no more makeups available in stores? I think there will be a lot of unattractive gals out thre if that day comes......

Sorry for those who wear makeups. This isn't a post for criticism but I feel that most gals who makeup thinks that they are a lot more prettier and whatever... more than those who don't makeup. <_<

but I feel that most gals who makeup thinks that they are a lot more prettier and whatever... more than those who don't makeup.

hey care bear- i can so relate to everything you mentioned. when in high school i wore tons of make up to try an cover my awful skin, and people would make fun of me so much, it was awful. then finally one day i stopped wearing it, and i decided if i couldnt look nice naturally, i didnt wanna look nice at all, because i would get so heart broken when people would say 'you look sooooo different without make up'. so i began my quest for clear skin lol, i still have a ways to go, but am doing better. just try to not pay attention to those girls who are rude about you not wearing make up, i think natural beauty is one of the most amazing things ever, and if they are being rude, they might even be jealous, i mean they may have something they are hiding, where as you are taking care of yourself smile.gif

Maybe the girls who pile on the slap are a teeny bit jealous of you for having the confidence to go without. When your skin is flawed and you wear makup to cover it it is so hard to just stop using it. They would probably love to go natural but are just to scared to, and your not. And that probably bugs them no end.

I've worn loads of make-up to cover my dreadful skin ever since I was 12 - I've just never had the confidence to go without. I would never think people who don't wear it are unattractive - it's a lot more attractive to look natural and have the confidence to go without, but I've been wearing it for so long I can't leave the house without it on.

I always think people look different with make-up - not prettier. I am not fooled into believing that the make-up is an inherent part of how they look - it is just face paint afterall. Nonetheless it can be a confidence booster and plenty of acne sufferers (and most other people) need a bit of that - so I ain't judging. But I do think it is kinda sad that some women feel that they can't ever go outta the house without it - I mean that is literally not being comfortable in your own skin.

Speaking as a guy, I'd say there's a fine line when it comes to makeup. Less is more.

If it's really nice and subtle, then yeah, it can look great. But it's when some people slap it on in inch-thick layers (!) that it looks horrible, and completely unattractive - whether they're doing it to cover flaws, or simply out of habit.

yeah, funny but when my skin looked good i used to wear foundation like it was spackle, weird huh. anyway I've barely worn any cover up for five years and I do have some obvious scarring mainly on only one cheek, but i'd rather have some of it show through and have clean flawed skin that I'm working on to get better. plus i have no active acne and I don't have really big pores so what the f*ck. Also, if my boyfriend sees me barefaced all the time and still loves me and finds me attractive then i'm not flipped out that he'll one day see the real me because he already has and I guess I'm not too ugly!

Even my b-friend and his friends say they like that I don't wear makeup, that I'm naturally pretty (oh lord can't they see the hideousness!!). Also when you don't wear makeup and look halfway decent people think how great you'd look if you wore some rather than thinking Is that the best she can get???? if you do wear it. But I don't care: I also never had my hair colored and probably never will unless I start going gray!

Sometimes I think I HOPE, that guys can accept some scars on a girl

Sometimes when I am comfortable w/o makeup, it's the people around me who makes me feel uncomfortable. I just feel like asking them to F*off.

Why is it such a big deal to have red marks from previous pimples? The presence of RED MARKS simply indicates the HEALING STAGE. And in any situation, it WILL eventually DISAPPEAR no matter how long.

But it's sad to know that to other people(who thinks they have flawless skin), red marks are a sign of disfigurement of the face or a curse.

I can't deny the fact that I have met a lot of people who are really inconsiderate about giving remarks on my face. I have a list of the names of people whom I would get back at them for treating me like shit when I'm with acne. :angry:

When I had clear skin I wore powder and that was it, just to get rid of the shine. Guys would look at me in disgust whenever I put on makeup in front of them and were like "Why!?"

Now that I'm broken out again though, I have to wear makeup to work to cover it up and look "attractive" or whatever... Plus I'm really self-concious. I hate wearing makeup so much. Main reason I want my acne to go away!

I think minimal makeup is alright. If makeup is natural it can really enhance your face - plus its fun sometimes if you're going out! But lots of make up is :snooty:

I've been wearing makeup since I was 13. But I know the minute my skin is clear the way I want it to be, makeup will be OUT THE DOOR.

I'd probably still use a bronzer, though...:think:.

Yip, just concealer to hide blemishes. I've got so many of them, sad.gif. That picture's two years old, summertime.

I take most pictures in the summertime. Winter time pictures are horrid, sad.gif.

lol, I don't know where the crap I get my lips from! My parents lips aren't as big as mine, :think:. I like my lips, though, not TOO big.

Micah likes my lips, he told me so once, wub.gif.

Me, too! smile.gif. I don't usually wear them, though, cause the eyeshadows and lipsticks that work well with my complexion--I don't have any clothes to match them, lol!

But I don't really consider lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, mascara much as makeup. They're more like "highlighters" to me. Fun things to wear, matching different outfits and such, you know? Foundation and concealers, powder, even--that's makeup, sad.gif. And I hate it so much, sad.gif.

I was a slave to makeup once. BUt at some point of time, I find that makeup is needed when going to certain places.But no matter what, I stilll refuse to makeup...

My defination of makeup is putting on foundation, concealers(which i used to last time). Now I only use eyebrow pencil and a little bit of baby powder. BUt baby powder.... what do you expect?? By noon, my face is oily already. I have to use some oil blotting paper.

I remember when I used to wear foundation because I felt my skin wasn't perfect. I wanted that perfect complexion. In reality my skin was perfect like a baby's butt. But know because of the stupid foundation I have broken out like crazy! I promise myself that once I clear up, I'm NEVER EVER going to wear foundation AGAIN!!! Now I have to wear more foundation than in the past because my skin has gotten so bad. I know envy everyone that has that perfect skin. When I do meet someone that wears makeup, I quickly tell them to stop as soon as possible or you'll look like me! Just foundation of course, I'm still a believer of eyeliner and mascara. That doesn't affect the skin. :dance:

Hei Tacey,

Your story is just like mine...I never had a problem with acne until foundations......*sigh* BUt whenever I see people using makeup, I freakout myself for I fear for them....

Good for your Carebear!!! I admire your courage.

Make-up is nice when it is used to enhance your features but when it goes on with a trowel it looks un-natural.

Also it is spot-food.

Toodle-Pip

G.P.