Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miserable!

Hiding pitted scarring?

I've finally been able to beat the acne curse with Accutane! Been clear for two years. Most of my red scars have faded and I'm left with slight pitted/indented scarring on my cheeks. My right side is horrible and is generally in all areas of my cheeks and lower. I know there's only so much makeup that can cover but I just want them to look a little softer. Can anyone reccomend a primer or a very good concealer that won't break me out but will also cover them up a bit? Any tips or ideas? I've always wanted to use blush/bronzer but I find it only accentuates the pits :( Thank you so much in advance!!

I have large pores on my nose, and a few that are scarred so that they are really noticeable. I like Clinique pore minimzer. It's a thick cream that comes in a tiny tube. You just spackle it on the deep spots and they disappear when you apply your foundation over it.

Also, I've noticed that some foundations settle into pores, scars, and lines more than others. The one that I personally use and feel it does not settle into these flaws is Almay Smart Shade (the original version). The anti-aging version was horrible and accentuated these flaws, so I do not suggest it. But the original version is awesome!

Thanks for the input! I'm so crazy when it comes to buying make-up cause typically if I don't do my research in full, then I'm stuck with a horrible product.

Thank you for the compliment, I'm risking alot putting this avatar up haha.

Thanks for the input! I'm so crazy when it comes to buying make-up cause typically if I don't do my research in full, then I'm stuck with a horrible product.

Thank you for the compliment, I'm risking alot putting this avatar up haha.

u can search on youtube...for the right way to conceal your scars!!

You can fill in deep scar with a silicone primer like monistat chafe relief gel, but I don't know how well it lasts. For some reason, i never remember to test that. I have a deep pit from childhood chicken pox and have made it disappear, just never tried to see how well it lasted throughout the day.

You have to put it on after makeup otherwise, you'll just wipe it off.

I will be experimenting with Liquid Latex and Airbrushing it over the next couple of weeks to eliminate deep pitted scarring. I posted an extensive post on this a couple days back, just look at my back-post.

Since posting that post, I also found Flesh colored Liquid Latex used to cover Tattoos, and it looks totally natural once blended in with makeup, I persoanlly ordered the clear Latex, as the Airbrush will do the coloring for me.

Liquid Latex acts as a second skin and is the closest thing on the market that reacts very close to it as-well, Hollywood has been using it for many years to create some really amazing illusions. Considering someone on these forums eliminated the appearance of her scarring with a facial mask and makeup, I'm extremely confident I'll be able to achieve some good results with what I'm gonna be working with. I would like to note that the only area the Latex will be sitting on is the scarred areas of the face, I'm not trina make it look like I'm wearing a mask, or anything for that matter, totally natural.

I'll have an update within the next couple weeks.

Ether

Edited by EtherMagic
I will be experimenting with Liquid Latex and Airbrushing it over the next couple of weeks to eliminate deep pitted scarring. I posted an extensive post on this a couple days back, just look at my back-post.

Since posting that post, I also found Flesh colored Liquid Latex used to cover Tattoos, and it looks totally natural once blended in with makeup, I persoanlly ordered the clear Latex, as the Airbrush will do the coloring for me.

Liquid Latex acts as a second skin and is the closest thing on the market that reacts very close to it as-well, Hollywood has been using it for many years to create some really amazing illusions. Considering someone on these forums eliminated the appearance of her scarring with a facial mask and makeup, I'm extremely confident I'll be able to achieve some good results with what I'm gonna be working with. I would like to note that the only area the Latex will be sitting on is the scarred areas of the face, I'm not trina make it look like I'm wearing a mask, or anything for that matter, totally natural.

Ether

Cool, I'll be looking forward to that!

Edited by Exhibit_N

If you are acne prone, do NOT use a silicone based primer. Silicone based primers tends to make sensitve skin/acne prone skin break out.

My fav primer--->Primer

It's technically not a primer but it does fill in pores/pits and gives you a nice matte surface to work with. I have very sensitive skin and I love this. I use it morning&night and don't have to deal with oily skin later in the day.

Ether

REPLY::::::: HEY can u pls let us know which website you bought the maximum liquid latex from? I checked out liquidlatex.com//// it does not show maximum iquid latex anywhere, pls let me know thanks! I am so glad this worked for U! cnnot wait to try it out!!! n hide these marks (pitte scars)////////// I am thinking of getting the clear liquid latex, but I just need the website where u bought urs, an do I need to apply it with a brush, and if so, what kind? -- thanks

waiting for your replies, and updates on how the liquid latex is going !!!!!

Edited by moonlightz1

Ether