Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cynic

Nothing to do with acne, but...

...merely compounding how bad I feel about myself about the moment:

Finding out your ex-girlfriend (who you only recently, reluctantly, broke up with) has a new boyfriend.

Possibly the worst feeling I've had the misfortune to experience in years. I almost felt sick when I got told earlier. cry.gif

Yeah? Well at least you have had a girlfriend.

Hell look at me. 23 and never even had a date in my life. Started getting acne when I was 12. From 12-18 I've been at all guy schools.

It's just too bad. I think those schools + my acne + my self esteem have turned me into a loner.

Most people seems to hang out with big groups of friends or a girl or something.

When I go to movies, I go alone. I hike alone. I fish alone.

Overtime, I'm starting to get used to it. And acctually start preferring it because people are starting to annoy me easily. I hope I'm not getting myself deeper and deeper.

Don't worry too much man, there's a fishy somewhere out in the "sea" for you. I promise you you might meet someone who will make all the girls you previously dated seem like childsplay. You'll be like "damn where has she been all my life" and you'll realize how worth the wait it was cause you'll be thinking to yourself how many times you thought you had already met this girl when all it was is that you just hadn't found her yet.

I think they call that love....

I Know how you feel Dadoody, I will be 20 in a few weeks and my disgusting acne scars have stopped me from getting a girl ever again, and i have kinda become reclusive.The worst part is knowing i will never have a girlfriend, but i am naively telling myself there is hope and things will get better.

The fact that you and others on here are able to at least go out and live a relatively normal life tells that you will get a girlfriend so just be patient.

Whats worse? Never having a girlfriend your whole life and the near future is not looking to fruitful in the love department, or have had gf's before but now pushing away relationships because of your own insecurities?

Whats worse? Never having a girlfriend your whole life and the near future is not looking to fruitful in the love department, or have had gf's before but now pushing away relationships because of your own insecurities?

it is unbearable to know i will never have another girlfriend, but this is through no fault of my own, i am not pushing away potential girlfriends because of insecurities or fear of rejection. Girls have told me many times that "i will never get a girlfriend looking like that"

My heart goes out to all of you. I have a loving husband and 3 wonderful boys (well...men now)......and you would think that I have it all and I should be happy. But I struggle with insecurties everyday from my acne scars. I'm still told I am pretty, but I can not see beyond the scarring. I do think that most everyone has their "own demons" to deal with. Just remember that all everyone wants in this world is to be loved and if you show love to people you WILL get it back. I hope this helps. I know it is difficult, but just try to make the most of everyday. I hope this helps. rolleyes.gif