Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brissyguy

Has anyone has any successful treatments for red marks?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has visited a dermatologist or a cosmetologist and received any treatment that has helped with their red marks? Post a message or send me some mail, I'd love to hear from you!

Guest frogskinshoelace

yes, but I dont think Im going to share with a fagot.

Edited by frogskinshoelace

Guest frogskinshoelace

nice icon brissy lmao :badgrin:

Maybe your boyfriend can help you with your red marks. Thats what they are for right?

Thanks =]

Seems that no one has had any successful procedures done to rejuvenate the skin and get rid of red marks. You can see how desperate I am ... =p

Topic at hand is red marks and what to do about them. Not avatars. Take off-topic stuff to The Lounge.

Check out the pinned posts at the top of the forum.

For me, a 10% glycolic acid took care of my red marks in one month. I continue to use the glycolic acid product because it also keeps me clear.

Guest frogskinshoelace
Topic at hand is red marks and what to do about them. Not avatars. Take off-topic stuff to The Lounge.

For me, a 10% glycolic acid took care of my red marks in one month. I continue to use the glycolic acid product because it also keeps me clear.

internet is serious business :confused:

I couldnt help but make a comment. That **** is disturbing.

Guest frogskinshoelace

internet is serious business

lol at you removing the last post. How can I not make a comment about that icon? I would be a lot more helpful if the guy wasnt, you know.

To stay on topic so you cant remove it again, red marks can be removed with laser treatment. :wall:

Guest frogskinshoelace

U MAD. INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

laser treatment has worked for me.

Yeah I'm more leaning towards laser treatments and such. I know a great cosmetologist but she's always booked for months with patients and I don't know where to start with treatments. I've tried Dan's AHA and some other peels but the salon peels were costly and I didn't see that much improvement and with home products they really stung and I think they broke me out.

i wanna try laser as well. but my derm said he wanted me to give it 2 months before trying laser, since i JUST got rid of my acne.

i was prescribed duac + differin combo for my acne and it got rid of my acne within weeks. he said that he wanted my face to heal on its own for 2 months and then we can talk about laser. and he prescribed me with a 0.05% tretinoin cream called ReTrieve (i think it's an australian version of Renova, supposed to help a little bit with the natural healing process?)

think i'd follow my derm's advice on the 'wait for 2 months' part, but i really wanna give laser a try i hate those stupid red marks =(

Wow, that's really good that the product you're using has helped to reduce the appearance of your red marks. My GP prescribed me the same one as well but I was too *another synonym for cat* to try it. So I'm sticking with BP and letting them heal on their own but would love to try a few treatments.

Is the acid a treatment or is a product that you can buy? And how expensive is it?

I think she's referring to Dan's AHA+ treatment which is cheap and apparently works great. It really stung for me though but people say if you use it often you will see results within a few months (ie. drastically faded red marks)

I just started using Nia 24 products (the physical cleansing scrub and intensive recovery cream). I feel like I've seen some good improvements in my skin with just a few weeks of use. But I've been using niacinamide and emu oil for about 3 months, so maybe those are just now taking effect?

I dont know if its because im on roaccutane or because im using this medik8 product.. erm its something like white balance and its definatly reducing my freckles that i think are from too much tanning. my red marks are also fading. Definatly worth a try though x

Is the acid a treatment or is a product that you can buy? And how expensive is it?

I think she's referring to Dan's AHA+ treatment which is cheap and apparently works great. It really stung for me though but people say if you use it often you will see results within a few months (ie. drastically faded red marks)

Nope. I'm using Avon's product, in my signature. That's the AHA I use. It's just a 10% glycolic acid I use every other day.

You can find it less expensively on eBay or just buy from a local representative. I think their website sells it as well.

Nope. I'm using Avon's product, in my signature. That's the AHA I use. It's just a 10% glycolic acid I use every other day.

You can find it less expensively on eBay or just buy from a local representative. I think their website sells it as well.

can you use this product if you still have acne or do you think it would be too irritating? i currently have very severe acne and LOTS of red marks that i would love to get rid of, but my skin is so dam sensitive!

...can you use this product if you still have acne or do you think it would be too irritating? i currently have very severe acne and LOTS of red marks that i would love to get rid of, but my skin is so dam sensitive!

If you have sensitive skin, it might be too irritating. You could try it but use it every three days or so. It helps with clogged pores in my experience.

You might also want to try a BHA or salicylic acid.

try something natural . lemon juice mix with yogurt ...please do it .. it helps to clear red marks ... Dont waste money on products with chemicals that show no results

Lemon juice has been working pretty well for me actually. Just a quick question - Is it more effective to use just lemon juice or egg mask + lemon juice? I've done both and neither has stung me so I figured lemon juice would be more effective if my skin isnt stinging from it.