Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy17

TCA cross percentage

i see alot of people listing tca percentage, i have terrible ice picks scars on my face that run into the hundreds, and i want to talk to my dermathologist about this procedure and maybe he can perfrom it on me, but i was wondering whats the difference between the tca % ? i have a lot of very deep icepick scars all over my face, so i was wondering if someone would be able to breakdown the percentages and possible recommend one for me, thanks

Hey Guy17,

To start, have you looked at the Korean study that coined the acronym, "CROSS". There is a link to it in the FAQ section of this forum. The researchers seemed to get greater success with 100% TCA than with 65%. This makes sense. I guess I would be worried about possible damage caused by this strong acid, but other people here are even using it themselves at home and it seems to be safe. Err on the side of caution, and talk to your doctor about it. I'm sure your dermatologist will be familiar with TCA since it is commonly used for peels.

John

Hey, I'm thinking of doing the TCA CROSS thing myself @ 50%. I'm wondering if there could be any permanent damage if I apply it to my pock marks, but say it runs and goes onto healthy skin. WIll I get raised scars?

Hey, I'm thinking of doing the TCA CROSS thing myself @ 50%. I'm wondering if there could be any permanent damage if I apply it to my pock marks, but say it runs and goes onto healthy skin. WIll I get raised scars?

What % should i try with my first application, and if i'm correct you apply TCA Cross just to the scars right, and not to the entire face, TCA is what you apply to the entire face right.?