Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
civ2

Is oatmeal safe?

It's sort of high in carbs (9% per serving), but it contains no wheat ingredients and is low in fat and sugar. I would think this would be an ideal choice for breakfast, am I wrong?

Regular oats

cinammon

crushed walnut

assorted blueberriers and/or strawberries

splenda

milk

Try that. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be "safe"

or you can just try regular oats with a sugar substitute if you want to keep things simple

I've wondered the same thing about oatmeal. I've been eating oatmeal too...but eliminated all other breads, pastas, cereal..etc.

I've wondered the same thing about oatmeal. I've been eating oatmeal too...but eliminated all other breads, pastas, cereal..etc.

How close to clear are you?

It's sort of high in carbs (9% per serving), but it contains no wheat ingredients and is low in fat and sugar. I would think this would be an ideal choice for breakfast, am I wrong?

If it is unrefined oatmeal it may be safe. People on these boards either eliminate one of the following:

Wheat

Gluten

Gluten+Oats

Most grains

All grains

Usually, if they eliminate most grains then they usually are consuming only one of the following:

Unrefined Oats

Brown Rice

Corn & Rice

Could handle that if it cleared you?

Well I just started to eliminate breads, coffee and soy. (I eliminated sugar awhile ago) So it is probably too soon to judge yet. But I haven't gotten any new ones today which is amazing! So I am thinking the oatmeal doesn't interfer...

I'm probably as clear as I have been in a long time, this is probably 5 weeks into my lower carb diet. But for the last 2 weeks or so I've been eating whatever I want, no limit to carbs or sugar (although I'm still avoiding caffeine), and at the end of August/early-September I'll know if my acne is affected by diet.