Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legislatorgov

16 Years Old and Cannot Accord Regimen

Hey everyone,

Im 16 years old and cannot afford purchasing new ON THE SPOT every 2-3 weeks. My parents are paying for my derm, so I think they don't really want to pay $10 every few weeks for the on the spot. Any suggestions?

hello ... my name is melissa ..

well .. I don't understand what are you saying ... why you can go to the dermatology and not buy it ... cuase it may work for you anyway ....

And I think the dermantology may not help you ... and making you worse...

so ... what do you think ??

At 16ish, yeah it's hard when you are strapped for cash.

I recommend dan's bp gel that you can order from him. It's 4oz and costs 4.50. It's around the same price as ON THE SPOT which is only (0.5 oz)

ur parents don't love u enough to buy dan's bp for $8.50 US that willl last like 2 months? a derm is waaay expensive the bp isn't too much money

Hey everyone,

Im 16 years old and cannot afford purchasing new ON THE SPOT every 2-3 weeks. My parents are paying for my derm, so I think they don't really want to pay $10 Canadian every few weeks for the on the spot. Any suggestions?

Hey everyone,

Im 16 years old and cannot afford purchasing new ON THE SPOT every 2-3 weeks. My parents are paying for my derm, so I think they don't really want to pay $10 Canadian every few weeks for the on the spot. Any suggestions?

First of all, if your parents are paying for the doctor, they should also pay for the medicine he or she perscibes. Otherwise you don't need the doctor. Second of all, Dan's BP gel is cheap, and works much better than anything else I've tried (and I've tried a lot of things: Duac, On-the-spot, Benzaclin, Benzamycin, Clearsil, Zapzyt, etc.)

Hey everyone,

Im 16 years old and cannot afford purchasing new ON THE SPOT every 2-3 weeks. My parents are paying for my derm, so I think they don't really want to pay $10 every few weeks for the on the spot. Any suggestions?

.... How about you stop going to the derm? Or, use a different 2.5% BP lotion. I use Oxy 2.5% BP lotion; it's cheaper than the Neutrogena stuff.

Many people I know, have wanted to kick themselves for spending so much money going to see a derm after trying this regimen. Just try one or the other, don't bother going to the derm AND trying this; it might be too harsh for your skin.

At 16ish, yeah it's hard when you are strapped for cash.

I recommend dan's bp gel that you can order from him. It's 4oz and costs 4.50. It's around the same price as ON THE SPOT which is only (0.5 oz)

I'm canadian too! I just buy PanOxyl 2.5% it's like 11$ and it last almost a month... going to a derm isn't always the best cuz they'll presecribe stuff you don't even need and watse your time and money..

heh, well I use a BP cream made by Wal*Mart, the label is called Equate and it is $1.80 per bottle and it is one full oz. Super cheap ya can't beat that. Unless of course there are no Wal*Marts were you live which must suck. Either way most drugstores and such make generic brands that are a little bit cheaper than name brands like Neutrogena.

Good Luck

You still have to pay for prescriptions in Canada, unless you have private insurance.

LG, maybe you could convince your parents to let you try the regimen for a couple of months instead of going to the derm. Or you could get the derm to prescribe BP - I know a lot of them do.