Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheldon258

brown patches all over my face !! i look sunburned !!!!

been using the BP for about 8 days now (penoxyl peroxide 2.5%) , face felt really really really tight yesterday and looked terrible, flaky and patchy my face just looked dirty. i didnt use the bp last night just the face wash and moisturiser my face feels normal but still looks the same. when will this wear off... will it ever wear off !! please help me im scared:(

Sounds like your skin's pretty dried out. How much BP have you been using? You might need to give yourself a few days off to recover.

If the brown patches are really bothering you, you could try applying a thin layer of Vaseline or Aquaphor to them. That'll help keep them moisturized so they can heal.

Thanks, cleared my head a little bit. I've been using the full amount (maybe more) but now I release I should'nt of because Im too soon in. I should use about half of that from now on ?

If you're just 8 days in you shouldn't even be using half the amount, especially if you're really sensitive to bp... If you're using Dan's BP the directions are on the back!

I'd recommend stopping treatment for a few days. Just cleanse and moisturize until your skin has recovered. Once your skin is feeling better, go ahead and start again with a tiny amount, once a day.

Dan posted pictures here to give people an idea of how much they should be starting with. Use this as your guide.

Something like this might work:

Week 1: Less than 1/2 pump, once a day

Week 2: Less than 1/2 pump, twice a day

Week 3: 1/2 pump, twice a day

Week 4: 1 pump, twice a day

Week 5: 1 1/2 pump, twice a day

Week 6+: 2 pumps, twice a day

I had the same problem with Proactiv's BP. It looked like my skin was sunburned. Then I got Dan's products and used a pea size to start off and worked my way up to skinny half-finger length (I got the tube) in 2 weeks. I am going to use more tonight because my face isn't red or itchy any more from the amount I am using.

You definitely want to work your way up gradually. And use lots of moisturizer and jojoba oil, even when your skin doesn't feel dry at first because it takes like 2 days for the flakes to start appearing then you hate yourself for not using enough moisturizer.

I had some flakes around my face and chin and got it off with Jojoba Oil message before cleansing. What you do is take a decent amount of Jojoba Oil (I use 16 drops for one side of my face (eye area, cheek, chin, almost to the ear, near)) dab it on problem areas and just rub and message. You want to feel grittiness gathering under your finger, which is the flakes of dead skin coming off. The flakes might look worst after the first message but after that, your skin looks a whole lot flakeless.