Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so Dan's original reg has helped me in the past except that Bp for some reason clears me up while at the same time causes these little white bumps to formulate and become large zits that tend to scar. I never used to get these until I used Bp, same with redmarks....

so....I have been trying SA. Here's the prob though, I don't have any SA washes like the C+C blackhead stuff that everyone talks so much about. I do have, however, a St Ives apricot scrub with SA in it. The wash makes my skin look a lot better, but the damn shit seems to be breaking me out a lot. I'm worse off now than when I started. I only had 1 or 2, now I have like 5 or 6. Its odd because I never usually have more than a couple at once, so I'm a little pissed off.

My question is, does anyone know anything about this stuff or am I making a mistake by using it? It makes my skin look smooth and seems to help close my pores, but im pretty sure its breaking me out. Also I have been shaving with neutrogena razor defense, which seems to help my skin as well, but I'm not sure if its causing problems either. Not sure what I should do. I hope these are just initial breakouts because I don't want things to get worse. thanks guys....

I don't think the St. Ives wash has had a very good reaction on here.

I think people have said it's too harsh, which in turn, could well be aggravating your acne.

yea I think you might be right man...

I think I want to try the C+C blackhead stuff, see what happens I guess....

no-one knows anything else???

Damn...well, I thinking of just shaving and seeing what happens. I can't decide If i should continue with it or not...

its the apricot scrub irritating ur skin..those little beeds or rock-like things in it irritated my skin also and made it breakout worse...u should buy a SA wash

I'm on Dan's regimen too and I am almost clear except for small blemishes forming which will eventually become inflamed. I can't seemed to stop the blemishes from forming eventhough night after night I have been putting the BP on the affected area. However, the blemishes will still be inflamed after some time.

I am using SA too but I don't seemed to be impressed by its effectiveness. I use Neutrogena's clear pore gel(with SA). sad.gif

I'm not a big fan of the apricot scrub either...too harsh. I second theExtricateApparition, I really like Clean & Clear's Blackhead Scrub. It's very gentle and leaves your skin soft - don't rub your face with it while you wash, it can be irritating with the little beads in there.

(I am on Dan's BP Regimen and use it as the cleanser.)

Hey thanks guys....I'm thinking of looking into it. THe wash I mean.

Ha...I know this may sound stupid, but I recently got a gf, and I was thinking that maybe since I all excited them ragein' hormones might be the culprit. It could also be the humidity I guess......

I use have been using this cleanser for a week, called Oil Free Foaming Wash, by Beyond Belief. I have stopped having pimples and i my skin has been losing its red spots. i use the Euricen Moisturizer recommended by dan. and thats it and i have no more pimples!!

I like the Clean & Clear too, although if your skin is super sensitive, the microbeads in that might be aggravating too. I have another SA wash called Velocity (sample size) that I tried which had teensy, tiny beads in it and I'd be happy to ship to you if you want to try it. I tried it for a few days before deciding I liked the exfoliating action of the Clean & Clear better, but it still has a few days worth left in the tube.