Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

is taking zinc a good idea for acne?

Guest Timehealsall

I do not have many pimples right now, just pIH and i was wondering if adding zinc to my regimen wud be a good idea? I am currently on duac and doxycycline 100 mg 2x a day. What type of zinc should i take (picolinate etc) and how many miligrams? wiLL THE ZINC CAUSE AN INITIAL BREAKOUT?

Been taking 50 mg of chelated zinc gluconate every day for over a year now. No, I did not have an initial breakout. I have been clear for about a month now and zinc has helped alot when I first started taking it. I still take it because I too have skin discoloration and zinc is supposed to be good for healing.

Guest Timehealsall

hey, is zinc gluconate the best one? Or is picolinate better? Any clues?

This week I tried zinc (15mg), but I can see just a little improvement. Better than nothing, but not enough. So today I got 2*15mg, once in the morning and once in the evening. I hope that it can help me. :P

I took it for a while and it cleared my acne a little bit but I couldn't take the side effects I got anymore. We're talking charley horses daily, headaches like a mofo, fatigue, dizziness, and more. I guess not everyone gets these side effects so feel free to ignore this, lol.

Hi everybody.I'm new here.I'm 24 and I suffer from excess DHT.I too heard zinc was good for acne because it lowers the DHT levels so I went to vitamin store and bought 50mg tablets.I took 1 pill today and I felt a little nauseated and tired so I will stop taking it.Should I start with a lower dose like 10mg per day? Because I take multivitamins everyday which has 15mg of zinc along with separate B vitamin supplements (I guess B6 increases the absorption of zinc).I'm just not sure how much of that 15mg is actually absorbed by the body because multivitamins doesn't cure my acne AT ALL!

Thanks.

Guest Timehealsall

does anyone know if zinc tablets can also help stop hair loss from seborrheic dermatitis?

No Lyssa I took it right after eating cereal so my stomach wasn't empty but maybe 50mg plus the 15mg in multivitamin was too strong for me.

I've actually taken 25 mg of chelated zinc for not only my skin, but overall health for the past six months. It really helps your skin due to the fact that zinc naturally is effective in healing the body and is directly involved in the reparation of cellular growth and repair. Zinc alone though will not miraculously cure your acne overnight. While I imagined waking up a few days later having flawless skin, this ultimately is a surreal vision if this is the only action you take. Personally a holistic diet has helped me a lot throughout my skin clearing process. Raw foods, plenty of water, and essential vitamins have ultimately helped with clearing my skin while improving my overall health. While this may be a drastic change, one that you're unwilling to make, with the addition of a few essential vitamins you will be making the appropriate changes to have flawless skin. Good luck!

No Lyssa I took it right after eating cereal so my stomach wasn't empty but maybe 50mg plus the 15mg in multivitamin was too strong for me.

ahh alright, just making sure =)