Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
papichulo

Scared About Weaning Off Tetracycline

My derm told me i should try to wean off tetracycline from 4 pills a day to 3, for two months or so (i think) and he said just go back up to 4 a day if acne gets worst. He wants to see if i grew out of my acne (and im not sure if i have)

but school is about to start and i have begun taking 3 a day for maybe a week and i just got a pimple on my cheek, a type that i do not normally get, and im scared that this is the first of many to come. Thing is, is that i dont want to end up with a bunch of red marks going back to school! the tetracyline has cleared up my bad acne amazingly, and im just scared that its gonna come back

so when should i stop weaning off, im fine with taking tetracycline, whatever it takes for at least decent skin.

Im thinking if i get one more of these red pimples(dont think its a nodule cuz its not painful) that i will go back to 4 a day

What do you guys suggest? Do you think i will start to break out bad out of nowhere or will it gradually come? If i bump it up back to 4 pills a day will my skin recover fast? Halp me!!!

not sure if this pimple is from me starting to wean off, if it is ill stop, im just afraid of a big breakout

what im asking is, if i start breaking out from taking only 3 pills a day, will it take a long time to recover once i starrt taking 4 again???????????

Edited by papichulo