Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigo111

Acne Getting Way Worse

I've been on the regimen for about a month now, and my acne has been getting progressively worse. It is now the worst it has ever been. I was hoping that I could get some positive results, but I have yet to experience any. I use the cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer from the regimen twice daily, about 12 hours apart. However, when I apply the treatment, I feel absolutely no burning or discomfort, as I had with other benzoyl peroxide medications. Also, when i wash my face with the cleanser, it feels as though I'm also washing off the benzoyl peroxide treatment that I had applied 12 hours ago. It's as if the benzoyl peroxide dried clear, but did not fully absorb into my skin.

Needless to say, I'm fed up with acne- especially since it has gotten so much worse.

Are there any suggestions that can help me? Should I maybe stop the regimen and try something else?

Thank you

I've been on the regimen for about a month now, and my acne has been getting progressively worse. It is now the worst it has ever been. I was hoping that I could get some positive results, but I have yet to experience any. I use the cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer from the regimen twice daily, about 12 hours apart. However, when I apply the treatment, I feel absolutely no burning or discomfort, as I had with other benzoyl peroxide medications. Also, when i wash my face with the cleanser, it feels as though I'm also washing off the benzoyl peroxide treatment that I had applied 12 hours ago. It's as if the benzoyl peroxide dried clear, but did not fully absorb into my skin.

Needless to say, I'm fed up with acne- especially since it has gotten so much worse.

Are there any suggestions that can help me? Should I maybe stop the regimen and try something else?

Thank you

I have been following the regimen religiously, and I was completely bump free for about 2 days. Yesterday I went to bed with fairly clear skin, (I had about 4 or so huge breakouts under my jawline that came out of NOWHERE) and then when I woke up this morning I had literally about 15 new huge breakouts along my jawline and under my chin, and then more whiteheads than I have ever had on my cheeks and laugh lines. I don't know what's going on, but like it says in the "what to expect" thread, I'm searching for other options... But I'm going to wait it out.

Im near all clear and re-started regime past 3 weeks. Try using the AHA+ at night.

I do this:

AM:

Dans BP, Eucerin Q10 + 4 drops of Joba

PM:

Dans BP, Dans AHA+

The AHA is what I think is really stopping acne overnight.

try something else :)

this forum is full of ideas, you need to hit the problem from the core.

if you want to get rid of your acne permanently, you need to start with lifestyle changes.

try a plant based diet of fruits and vegetables, maybe fish and whole grains too.

cut out dairy and other heavily processed foods, start eating more raw foods.

exercise 4-5 days a week, weights are not necessary.

i think you should stop using face products completely and just wash your face with cool water, it feels good and it will give your face a break from years of harsh products you have tried.

hope this helps

Edited by Bourne

you are experiencing the same i experienced..by the time i hit one month i had the worst breakout i had ever had on my face.i didnt quit tho i just knew it had to work.i dont know if it will make you happy but it took me over 4 months to get clear..im clear now just dealing with the fucking marks

onedaysoon -

I had a very similar breakout as my acne got terrible with breakouts along my jawline and whiteheads/pustules on my cheeks. and I've had several, much like you. I say don't be discouraged! keep trying and follow the regimen precisely. You could be purging, many people purge, as I like to believe I am going through that phase as well and all will get better (:

It's going to get worse... before it gets better.

Listen, I've been on the regimen for around 4 months now. I've had my ups and downs on it. Am I happy I stayed on it? Heck yes I am. Stick with it. Trust me, you may not want to right now, but just do it, you really won't regret it. Even Dan (and other members) talk about how the regimen can take months before it starts working for some members.

Listen, I've been on the regimen for around 4 months now. I've had my ups and downs on it. Am I happy I stayed on it? Heck yes I am. Stick with it. Trust me, you may not want to right now, but just do it, you really won't regret it. Even Dan (and other members) talk about how the regimen can take months before it starts working for some members.

I have really rough skin under my jawline, so dry and when I moisturize, with Dan's moisturizer and jojoba oil, no matter how lightly I do it, my skin just balls up. I try to exfoliate with Jojoba oil, but I am either not doing it right, or my skin is rebelling against BP. I'm wondering if I should stop and let it get better, or just keep truckin along? It's not irritated anymore, as far as redness or stinging goes, it's just SO incredibly dry and flaky.

I have really rough skin under my jawline, so dry and when I moisturize, with Dan's moisturizer and jojoba oil, no matter how lightly I do it, my skin just balls up. I try to exfoliate with Jojoba oil, but I am either not doing it right, or my skin is rebelling against BP. I'm wondering if I should stop and let it get better, or just keep truckin along? It's not irritated anymore, as far as redness or stinging goes, it's just SO incredibly dry and flaky.

You shouldn't just stop because, at this point, you're skin is trying to get used to the regimen. When you began the regimen, did you start out with an extremely small amount and then work your way up slowly? If not, you should restart the regimen and do it correctly.

This should help:

http://www.acne.org/finger.html

You shouldn't just stop because, at this point, you're skin is trying to get used to the regimen. When you began the regimen, did you start out with an extremely small amount and then work your way up slowly? If not, you should restart the regimen and do it correctly.

This should help:

http://www.acne.org/finger.html

I did start off slow, and I was irritated and red, so I even went down to once a day. After 3 days of that, I went back to twice a day, got really rough for about a week, and then after a day of Jojoba Oil almost on the hour every hour, I was able to remove the flakes with ease.